Author Topic: I'm Already Bored  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: I'm Already Bored
« Reply #25: October 15, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
Im looking for some kind of permanent ink eraser to remove Drew Storen and a select few others from my 2012 signed baseball...

Oh come on.... that loss doesn't land squarely on his shoulders, you should know that. I like Drew. I like him as a pitcher and a person. I was talking to him before a game one day and he had me in stitches. He's also really good about signing for people. The girlfriend and I started a tradition of getting one of those "Curly W" baseballs signed before a game and giving it to the best behaved kid in our section with a baseball glove. (Conversation goes along the lines of "Hey, that's a cool glove there, you gonna try and take a baseball home. When they reply with something like "Yeah, I'm gonna try and catch one" I say, "Here, don't worry about it.... take this one." and give them the signed ball) Usually if Drew is out there, he is one of the ones you can count on to come up and interact with the fans.

That being said, it's gonna be a long winter and I can't wait for opening day.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #26: October 15, 2012, 09:41:04 AM »
Between now and next season's opener I've got my Wizards season ticket and a three-week London vacation...and plenty of books and music too...I'll be OK.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #27: October 15, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »
Come join me in the Offseason thread :lol:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #28: October 15, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »
No Nats, no hockey...freak it, I'm going to Indonesia

NCAA Hockey FTMFW!

Offline saratogaslim

« Reply #29: October 15, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »
Do a whole lot of studying for professional certifications. =/  I felt a little out of sorts over the weekend minus the baseball.

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #30: October 15, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
Oh come on.... that loss doesn't land squarely on his shoulders, you should know that. I like Drew. I like him as a pitcher and a person. I was talking to him before a game one day and he had me in stitches. He's also really good about signing for people. The girlfriend and I started a tradition of getting one of those "Curly W" baseballs signed before a game and giving it to the best behaved kid in our section with a baseball glove. (Conversation goes along the lines of "Hey, that's a cool glove there, you gonna try and take a baseball home. When they reply with something like "Yeah, I'm gonna try and catch one" I say, "Here, don't worry about it.... take this one." and give them the signed ball) Usually if Drew is out there, he is one of the ones you can count on to come up and interact with the fans.

That being said, it's gonna be a long winter and I can't wait for opening day.

Ive calmed down now. We win as a team and lose as a team, its as simple as that. Yeah, he does seem like a nice guy. His twitter is quite entertaining, he sounds like he would be good to go for a beer with.

My signed baseball remains intact :)

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #31: October 15, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »
The picture of him just sitting in front of his locker completely alone really has me feeling for him. I can't say I was angry with him even during and after the game. I just felt bad for him. Hopefully he can chalk this up to an extremely painful learning experience and it isn't something that gets in his head during big games.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #32: October 15, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
The picture of him just sitting in front of his locker completely alone really has me feeling for him. I can't say I was angry with him even during and after the game. I just felt bad for him. Hopefully he can chalk this up to an extremely painful learning experience and it isn't something that gets in his head during big games.

Can anybody give me a site where I can read what his dad said about the organization?