Author Topic: Games you are going to - 2013 Nats Park Roll Call  (Read 20340 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You gotta think of it as a gift, a May/June baseball game in April.
Will be in 131 tonight. Too damn hot for an April baseball game 8)

Offline GburgNatsFan

Anyone else heading down tonight?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Wish I could, I really need to finish my taxes before going to the games this weekend, so I'm trying to sell my tix. No buyers at less than face value.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.

why would I be anywhere else?

Offline e44green

Wish I could, I really need to finish my taxes before going to the games this weekend, so I'm trying to sell my tix. No buyers at less than face value.

Pretty typical for a weekday April game unless it is Opening Day or a Stras start. "Face Value" is pretty arbitrary at this point in the season when buyers can get pretty decent 100 level tickets on Stubhub for under $8 after fees. Wait till the kids are out of school and you will see the market pick back up.

Offline Dixon Ward

i just recieved a ridership alert from metro:

Metro is advising customers to expect a busy afternoon on Metrorail today, as the confluence of several major events will overlap with the regular rush-hour period.

Factors that are expected to increase ridership include:
     • A major rally scheduled between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. at the US Capitol that is expected to draw 30,000 attendees.  Most participants will travel between Stadium-Armory and Capitol South, with additional ridership expected at Eastern Market and Federal Center SW stations.
     • A Nationals game starting at 7 p.m. will draw large crowds to Navy Yard Station, and will increase ridership at the downtown transfer stations (primarily L'Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place).
     • Cherry Blossom visitors traveling to/from the National Mall will continue to increase ridership at Smithsonian and L'Enfant Plaza station.
     • A 7 p.m. Wizards home game at Verizon Center will add ridership at Gallery Place.

Travelers this afternoon may experience more crowded trains and stations during the height of evening rush hour.

good luck to anyone riding the train tonight!

Offline GburgNatsFan

I doubt it's much of a problem. Driving will be worse. There will be more people, but Metro can absorb a lot of people from 2 o'clock until 4 o'clock.

I'm just hoping this doesn't go American League long like it did last night. 2-2.5 hour games are great. 3.5 hour games are too damn long.

i just recieved a ridership alert from metro:

good luck to anyone riding the train tonight!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
That Wizards match will probably be a sell-out - the visitors are LeBron and his mates.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I doubt it's much of a problem. Driving will be worse. There will be more people, but Metro can absorb a lot of people from 2 o'clock until 4 o'clock.

I'm just hoping this doesn't go American League long like it did last night. 2-2.5 hour games are great. 3.5 hour games are too damn long.

I heard on WTOP some of the traffic lights are out around the stadium and cops are directing traffic.   I'll look for the link now that I'm in the house.

11:15 am
FREDERICK DOUGLAS BRIDGE
INBOUND - TRAFFIC LIGHTS DARK

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
An elderly lady sharted herself at Nationals Park last night.   :|

Offline mitlen

An elderly lady sharted herself at Nationals Park last night.   :|

..  and you know that how?     :shock:

Offline spidernat

It was kind of obvious.  :?

Offline GburgNatsFan

It can be a complete nag getting old.
It was kind of obvious.  :?

Offline spidernat

It's unavoidable for all of us though.

Offline GburgNatsFan

The older I get, the more I realize that living a really long life isn't necessarily the best goal.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Except for Spinal Tap drummers

Offline spidernat

Offline spidernat

I heard tonight is $5 beer night. Can that be true?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Wait in line for an inning to save four bucks on swill. If they really wanted to cut us a break they'd make the offer available from the vendors so that we don't have to miss any of the action.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Beer and peanuts. Together. I suspect they'll run out about the time that most of the crowd arrives at 7:20. Theoretically, it's until the 6th inning.

At "select" concession stands. Will one know before hand which ones? Prolly not.

Offline spidernat

That's what I figured. It will probably be the concession stands least accessible to the majority of the crowd. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
The older I get, the more I realize that living a really long life isn't necessarily the best goal.

That's why I stopped watching my weight.  Heart attack at 70 like my great grandpa.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Beer and peanuts. Together. I suspect they'll run out about the time that most of the crowd arrives at 7:20. Theoretically, it's until the 6th inning.

At "select" concession stands. Will one know before hand which ones? Prolly not.

$5 beer and peanuts.  Usually at the Nats Dog stands.  Their lines were awful last night for the 2-for-1 hot dogs and sodas.

Offline hammondsnats

went last night ... great crowd.

going tonight and sunday.

Offline mitlen

Old age ain't for wimps.