Author Topic: a Blog focused on Nats Prospects  (Read 2894 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

Ryan Zimmerman

Re: a Blog focused on Nats Prospects
« Reply #1: July 10, 2005, 11:27:15 PM »
Could you ask the guy a question for me?!

I'd like to ask him if he thinks Maxwell will be in the National's farm system soon? He has to be signed and he wants more then what the Rangers offered him, last year ( I don't know how much they offered, I forgot I read that in an article)

In an article, it was written that he expects to be in training camp in Brevard County in six weeks.

It means...he'll be there the 23rd july right (because the article was written the 9th June)?

Also ask him if he'll play for GCL Nationals, Vermont, Sand gnats?

Thx.

Hardball in DC

It's 50/50
« Reply #2: July 11, 2005, 01:08:39 PM »
I'm the guy behind Nationals Farm Authority.  

Justin Maxwell has another year of eligibility left and likely will cost more to sign than an average fourth-rounder.  As for his non-signing with Texas, he turned down close to $1 million last year.  

My guess is the Nationals will probably sign him but not in time for him to get any realistic playing time in 2005

Ryan Zimmerman

Re: It's 50/50
« Reply #3: July 11, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »
Quote from: "Hardball in DC"
I'm the guy behind Nationals Farm Authority.  

Justin Maxwell has another year of eligibility left and likely will cost more to sign than an average fourth-rounder.  As for his non-signing with Texas, he turned down close to $1 million last year.  

My guess is the Nationals will probably sign him but not in time for him to get any realistic playing time in 2005

Thx, I was hoping to see him play in 2005. :cry:   :? :(  :roll:  :evil:

Well, before he got injure...he had some pretty interesting stats.HE was battign for more then 400 with 3homers in 22ab.

From what I read, he's a nice five tool player because he stole a good amout of bases last year for Maryland and according to his coach he's great defensively.

Like I said many times, if this guy stays healthy, we've  a gem in our hands.