Author Topic: Has anyone bought a cheap Chinese jersey?  (Read 3132 times)

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Has anyone bought a cheap Chinese jersey?
« Topic Start: September 12, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
If so, where is a good site to get one.  I have searched around and some of them look sketch and some look very good.  Would like a recommendation before I spend a whole $24.   

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Has anyone bought a cheap Chinese jersey?
« Reply #1: September 12, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
If so, where is a good site to get one.  I have searched around and some of them look sketch and some look very good.  Would like a recommendation before I spend a whole $24.   

my neighbor bought some caps jerseys for something like $40 a pop, it was pretty obvious they were knockoffs.  I also saw one at the park last time i was there, the guy in front of me had a Desmond jersey that looked like he had sewn the letters on himself (maybe he did?).

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #2: September 12, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
I might be doing this soon, I have some jersey ideas that would violate MLBPA rules. In Chicago I'd know which shops to get those jerseys from, but I don't know a shop in DC willing to violate those rules.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #3: September 12, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
my neighbor bought some caps jerseys for something like $40 a pop, it was pretty obvious they were knockoffs.  I also saw one at the park last time i was there, the guy in front of me had a Desmond jersey that looked like he had sewn the letters on himself (maybe he did?).

Yeah...that is what I want to avoid.  I know there are some good ones out there that are hardly recognizable by the non-jersey expert.  The knock off Caps jerseys can be picked out a mile away but the Nats jerseys are a lot less complicated. 

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #4: September 12, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
I might be doing this soon, I have some jersey ideas that would violate MLBPA rules. In Chicago I'd know which shops to get those jerseys from, but I don't know a shop in DC willing to violate those rules.

This post is really cryptic and weird.  Please do explain the MLBPA rules you intend to violate.  8)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #5: September 12, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »

Last site I looked at had the $24 jerseys and they were awful. I do give them credit for having pictures of the actual products. But they just weren't right, numbers were too big, or sewn on too high....

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #6: September 12, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
How dare you steal money from Bud Selig and the Lerners...

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #7: September 12, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
This post is really cryptic and weird.  Please do explain the MLBPA rules you intend to violate.  8)

A literal reading of the MLBPA rules would prohibit me from ordering a Nationals jersey with "CY YOUNG 47" on the back of it. And they would certainly prohibit me from ordering a Montreal Expos jersey with "ESPINOSA 8" on the back of it.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #8: September 13, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
Are any baseball jerseys NOT made in China? 

Offline NavinNat

« Reply #9: September 13, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
These are really nice.  Got the Zim Stars and Stripes.  It's fantastic.

http://borntradejersey.net/

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #11: September 13, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
Are jersey sizes basically the same as suit jacket sizes?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #12: September 13, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »
Are jersey sizes basically the same as suit jacket sizes?

Basically, the number is the chest measurement, but generally I end up wishing I could find a jersey two sizes smaller than my suits as I think mlb jerseys run a bit large. Granted there aren't generally enough sizes available for sale to make that practical in my case but might help you if you fall in between the standard sizes. Regardless I would try one on before buying unless you are talking these $25 ones.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #13: September 13, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
I got a blue, stars and stripes "curly W" one from some chinese website. Ended up running about $40 shipped. It was horrible. I saw someone wearing the same one at the game and the red on the patch on the sleeve had faded to almost orange.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #14: September 13, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
ask the lerners.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #15: September 13, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
Are any baseball jerseys NOT made in China? 

I know my jersey that I got from the MLB store says "Made in the USA"

The MLB online store is having 25% off your order today- so the Men's replica jerseys with no name on the back are $60, and the ones with names are $75 - but that's double the price of the knockoffs.

If you're looking for women's jerseys they're fine. They're cheaper than the men's (by $10-30) but come in WAY less variety - they only sell the home whites online. My jersey, with a discount, was $60 ish, and at that point it was cheap enough for me to pop for that then to go for a knockoff with possible quality problems.

Good luck - official jerseys are so damned expensive!

Offline blue911

« Reply #16: September 13, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
^ The label was made in the USA.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #17: September 13, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »
How much are the ones that they make right there at the team store by centerfield gate? I would really like to get the blue patriotic one in Harper's number, but I've yet to see any. After getting burned on a shoddy one from china, I'm just going to take the hit and get a real one. Most places I see them are 250, is that pretty much the price across the board?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #18: September 13, 2012, 01:58:36 PM »
Decent price on the Double Play jerseys but the timing is aweful. Ships right when I am out of town.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #19: September 13, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
^ The label was made in the USA.

:lmao:

How much are the ones that they make right there at the team store by centerfield gate? I would really like to get the blue patriotic one in Harper's number, but I've yet to see any. After getting burned on a shoddy one from china, I'm just going to take the hit and get a real one. Most places I see them are 250, is that pretty much the price across the board?

I don't know about getting it made at the park, but the prices online are:

$100 Replica Jersey : http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11217615&cp=1902045.1895799
$250 Authentic Jersey : http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11224611&cp=1902045.1895732

And since they're having a 25% off sale TODAY the jerseys are $75 and $190 respectively. I'd jump on that, I KNOW that's cheaper than they are at the park.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #20: September 13, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
When I went to check out with the authentic one, it said $141.00 So thanks for the heads up. :clap:

EDIT: Never mind, that was for the one with no player name. But still, thanks for the heads up.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #21: September 13, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
FWIW, I bought a replica jersey at model's for about $60 last October.   After the season ends they put their baseball stuff on clearance, and you can usually use the coupons in the sunday paper for additional money off.