Author Topic: NFL Thread (2012-13)  (Read 61054 times)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
Re: NFL Thread (2012)
« Reply #625: August 22, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
Baylor is in the Big 12, not exactly a dump. How good was the Big Ten again? Throwing competition around proves nothing. The big thing about Griffin is that he improved every season. His accuracy improved as did his other skills. Not only that, he's a pass first, run second qb and he fits the Shanny scheme. I honestly don't understand where you're getting this assesment from... Hell, if a mod wants, they can move this to the current Skins thread so as not to clutter the NFL one, but either way...
Back on point though, his accuracy was one of his stronger suits. The kid is a born leader, a hard worker in and very intelligent. I just don't get the doubt other than him just being a rookie. Honestly, I think at this point he's a far better qb prospect than Newton was at the same point. Obviously, at least speaking for me anyways, I was WAAAAAY off on my Newton assesment as I didn't think he'd be that good. Shows what I knew about him, but if people are expecting a rerun of last season for him, I think they'll be mistaken. Teams will scheme to shut him down. Doesn't mean they'll succeed, but this year will show how well he adapts to what the other teams throw at him.

Other than the speed issue, he doesn't have an arm as good as Andrew Luck or Brandon Weeden.  Weeden is one of the most accurate passers out there.   Oh - and he beat Luck, RG3, and Tannehill this year.  Now, I'm not saying Weeden will be the best - far from it - but take away RG3's speed and escapability, and Weeden is better.