Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 424197 times)

Offline saltydad

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #575: July 10, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »
Welcome from another old codger! ;)

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #576: July 10, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »
I finally registerd here after popping in from time to time. (I think may have had an account under an old email)

I'm Brian ... the guy obsessed with the minor leagues over at Nationals Farm Authority (obligatory blog pimp) since 2005, right after the draft.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #577: July 10, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »
I finally registerd here after popping in from time to time. (I think may have had an account under an old email)

I'm Brian ... the guy obsessed with the minor leagues over at Nationals Farm Authority (obligatory blog pimp) since 2005, right after the draft.

Welcome Brian,

Your site is a very valuable reference for all of Nationals fans that are also interested in the minor league system.  I would have to say as a person who asks a lot of questions in various chats with "experts," none of them are as well informed or knowledgeable of the Nationals' farm system than you.  Most experts know Detwiler, Marrero, Burgess, and that is the end of the line.  So, thank you for all the hard work you put in and I look forward to your contributions on this forum as well.

Offline Thousand Made-Up Loves

• My Man Willie Harris
« Reply #578: July 11, 2008, 03:57:20 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a brand new transplant to the Washington metro area and am a new Nats fan as of four weeks ago. I'm a native of Michigan (west side, NOT Detroit, thank you very much) and spent the last two years working in the a-hole of America: northern Indiana. I quit my job at the end of May and moved out to College Park in the middle of June. I'm a longtime Chicago White Sox fan and since I can easily get to Nats games without a car (as in I don't have one), I've adopted the Nats as my new local team. My favorite Nats player, so far, is Elijah "I'm the Biggest Scumbag in Baseball" Dukes. Unfortunately, he's out for a while, he was the Nats' best player for two months. I also like Jesus Flores, I saw him hit that game-winning single a few weeks ago and I saw him throw out a runner from his knees Monday night.

What I like most about Nats games is the $5 tickets. Sure, you have to either go into the park right away or waste money on the rush-hour Metro fare to go to a bar or go home before the game, but man, $5 is MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PRICES. And as long as you're not sitting in the first four rows, the view is still great. Hell, even if you are in the first few rows, it's still a good view. And the $10 tickets can't be beat, either. I've been to four games so far, Mon and Wed a few weeks ago against Anaheim, the Friday game against that Angelos-owned debacle up the Parkway, and the game against Arizona Monday night. I love the stadium, it's really cool and you can't beat the videoboard and the view of the Capitol building. Can't also beat Ben's Chili and Five Guys for concession stands. Props to the District and the team for making the stadium perfectly accessible from the Metro. Last but not least, you can't beat all the hot babes at the Park. Props to them for taking in games.

I'm one of the 9,000 fans who actually turns into MASN to watch the team. Too bad they can't hit worth a lick and can be downright boring at times. Here's to the team turning it around soon. I think Acta's a good manager and they have the right parts in place, when healthy, of course.

Well, off to get ready for tonight's game. It would be nice if the Express, which is a disgrace of a periodical, would actually get the Nats schedule right when listing the times and broadcast channels of this weekend's games. Look up the schedule, idiots.

Here's to fun times at the Park this year, even if the team doesn't make it that fun. And if the Nats can't win it all, here's to the White Sox winning the pennant and spitting in the faces of Tiger fans around the country!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #579: July 11, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »
Welcome TMUL, great introduction.  You cannot be accused of jumping on the bandwagon, that's for damn sure.  Glad to have you on our side.  Don't miss the game threads, if you aren't actually at the park it's a great way to share your emotions with fellow fans, mostly venting lately.

And I think you'll find this, if not a White Sox friendly forum, at least a very White Sox tolerant one.  :P Soxfan59 is a long time contributor, and no, he's a fan of the REAL Sox (white).   

marcusfromdc

« Reply #580: July 14, 2008, 09:41:52 AM »
Hello,

My name pretty much explains it all. My name is Marcus and I live in DC. I'm moving to Miami next month for school but I will still wear my DC sports teams clothing and show my support when they play one of those sorry Florida teams lol.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #581: July 14, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
Hello,

My name pretty much explains it all. My name is Marcus and I live in DC. I'm moving to Miami next month for school but I will still wear my DC sports teams clothing and show my support when they play one of those sorry Florida teams lol.
Welcome to the boards!

Offline Nando03

« Reply #582: July 24, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »
Hey everyone. 

I'm Nando, I was born in DC and reside in Silver Spring, MD.  I'm a big Nats fan and because of the Nats I've started keeping track Baseball, Rumors, Rookies, etc. much more then I have in the past.  It's great to be here to talk about our Nats, good or bad.

Offline cletusvandamme

« Reply #583: July 24, 2008, 08:52:28 PM »
Hiya-

I'm a native Washingtonian who recently relocated to Los Angeles but who is soon moving back to the DC area.  I got the good word about this board from hammondsnats on my "regular" board (Scout.com Maryland board).  Not sure how I didn't find this board long ago given the ample time I spend on teh internets, but better late than never.  I lurk regularly on the BPG board but definitely dig and will participate on this board solely for the minor league/prospect talk, seeing as I have a poster of NFA Brian on my bedroom wall and obsess over his blog.  Nothing against BPG, although they seem to be an ornery lot.  We're all family.

Anyhow, I enjoy the board and look forward to spending inordinate amounts of work time here.

CVD

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #584: July 24, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
Hiya-

I'm a native Washingtonian who recently relocated to Los Angeles but who is soon moving back to the DC area.  I got the good word about this board from hammondsnats on my "regular" board (Scout.com Maryland board).  Not sure how I didn't find this board long ago given the ample time I spend on teh internets, but better late than never.  I lurk regularly on the BPG board but definitely dig and will participate on this board solely for the minor league/prospect talk, seeing as I have a poster of NFA Brian on my bedroom wall and obsess over his blog.  Nothing against BPG, although they seem to be an ornery lot.  We're all family.

Anyhow, I enjoy the board and look forward to spending inordinate amounts of work time here.

CVD

Greetings. Does your handle mean anything? Seems amusing.

Offline cletusvandamme

« Reply #585: July 24, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
Greetings. Does your handle mean anything? Seems amusing.

Nah, just an old reference from the TV show The Shield.  Took it on however many years back, and here we are.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #586: July 24, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Nah, just an old reference from the TV show The Shield.  Took it on however many years back, and here we are.

I imagine Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel doing roundhouse kicks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #587: July 24, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
Nando, Cletus, welcome both of you!

Offline LARRYbroadway

« Reply #588: July 30, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
My name is Mark (and no, I'm no relation to the real Larry Broadway, it's just a computer name).  I'm a dairy farmer up in the great white north (Sherbrooke, QC, Canada) and was a huge Expos fan when I lived in MTL for a little bit.  I often went to Expos games and when they left town, I decided to stay a Nats fan via the net.  I just bought XM radio just before the all-star game so that I could catch the games on the radio.  I miss that about the Expos.  I actually prefered listening to games on the radio than watch them on TV.  And I actually preferred listening to the games in French than in English.  Jacques Doucet and Rodger Brulotte called awesome games via French radio.

I've played some ball myself.  Played with some guys that were drafted (Vince Guay, I think he was an 8th round pick of the Expos, John Douris, played up to High A ball in the Pirates system, I think Ray Letourneau also was signed by a pro ball organization but I can't remember which).  My arm is shot, I'm out of shape, and flat out don't have the time to play anymore with the farm and all, but I've got my XM radio hooked up in the barn and in my vehicle.  My fiancee and daughter probably don,t see me as much as they should because of it!!!!  I follow the Nats as much as possible.

I heard about this site from the Nats Farm Authority site.  Great work over there for the guys who like to follow the minors.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #589: July 30, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »
Welcome LB, you'll find ( or may have already found ) that we have an eclectic mix of fans here, some former Expos fans, some native DC types (like me), and others from around the continent, even some overseas.

I know you're loving that XM thing.  I don't go anywhere without it.  Do your cows like Charlie and Dave?   :lol:

I'm not aware of any native french speakers on the forum, perhaps they could speak up if there are any.  Kenzafan seems fairly bilingual when he feels up to it    :).  Back in the early days of the MLB board, a number of the Expos fans migrated there when the Expos board was shut down by MLB, but they gradually faded away.  Yesterday, in fact, I bumped a couple of threads on that board (at the request of another poster) that showed conversations in french by some displaced Expos fans.  The threads in November 2004 showed a mix of french and english, of joy at getting a team, and anguish over having lost one.  Extremes of emotion, for sure.

Again, welcome.  You can't be accused of jumping on the bandwagon of a winning team, but like they say on Wall St, buy low, sell high. 

Offline natinthehat

« Reply #590: July 31, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
Hey there, I've been lurking around here for a while, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I moved to the DC area a couple of years ago, but never really followed the Nats until this year.  The last team I actually followed religously was the Mariners back in the 90s.  I did follow the Angels too for a while and I was in Anaheim for the 2002 WS.

So needless to say it's pretty hard to be a Nats fan, but here I am, in it for the long run.  It would almost be funny how bad they are, if it wasn't so depressing.  About the only player on the team I think has earned his money this year is Jesus Flores, the rest I'm either still on the fence about or I think they should be cut yesterday.  Guzman has been good too, as long as this injury doesn't mess him up.  I liked Dukes' energy and will be glad to see him back.  I didn't see 05 and 06 so I hope Zimmerman is the real deal, but I haven't seen it.

Well I think it's safe to say the only way this team can go from here is up, so hopefully I'll be posting in some better times.  This year I'll just be happy if we just get to see some good young talent and drop the dead weight.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #591: July 31, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »
Hey there, I've been lurking around here for a while, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I moved to the DC area a couple of years ago, but never really followed the Nats until this year.  The last team I actually followed religously was the Mariners back in the 90s.  I did follow the Angels too for a while and I was in Anaheim for the 2002 WS.

So needless to say it's pretty hard to be a Nats fan, but here I am, in it for the long run.  It would almost be funny how bad they are, if it wasn't so depressing.  About the only player on the team I think has earned his money this year is Jesus Flores, the rest I'm either still on the fence about or I think they should be cut yesterday.  Guzman has been good too, as long as this injury doesn't mess him up.  I liked Dukes' energy and will be glad to see him back.  I didn't see 05 and 06 so I hope Zimmerman is the real deal, but I haven't seen it.

Well I think it's safe to say the only way this team can go from here is up, so hopefully I'll be posting in some better times.  This year I'll just be happy if we just get to see some good young talent and drop the dead weight.

Welcome. I think you might have the most classic name here. Wish I had thought of that. :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #592: August 02, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »
Lets see if he breaks out in rhyme.
Not right now, he's offline,
Welcome NatInTheHat, and have a great time!

-Miami Fan-

« Reply #593: August 07, 2008, 10:41:28 AM »
Hello there! Yes I am a Marlins fan (dodges bullets), but I was looking for another team's boards to post on along with the Marlins boards that I post on. Anyway, I will say that the Nationals are by far my least hated team in the division. I hate the Phils, don't like the Mets or Braves either, but the Nats I can deal with. I also really like your ballpark, especially compared to the silo that is Citizens Bank Park.

So I just thought I'd drop in and say hey to all ya!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #594: August 07, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
Hello there! Yes I am a Marlins fan (dodges bullets), but I was looking for another team's boards to post on along with the Marlins boards that I post on. Anyway, I will say that the Nationals are by far my least hated team in the division. I hate the Phils, don't like the Mets or Braves either, but the Nats I can deal with. I also really like your ballpark, especially compared to the silo that is Citizens Bank Park.

Hey Miami fan, you're actually not alone on this board.  Natsaddict is from this area, but lives in Florida and is a Marlins fan and active message board poster there, though I presume under another handle.

MrMadison

« Reply #595: August 07, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

just don't come in here trying to sell us on how terrible the Marlins are and how they are the worst team in baseball, cause we ain't buyin'.  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Welcome to Natsville!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #596: August 07, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
Hey Miami Fan,

Not a member of that male cheerleading squad are ya?   :roll: :rofl:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #597: August 07, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »
Hey Miami Fan,

Not a member of that male cheerleading squad are ya?   :roll: :rofl:

Calsgr8, you cruising for a Manatee?   ;)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #598: August 08, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Nope!   :rofl:.  Just joshing around!

I just think its funny.  Of course the Redskins have their HOGETTES, but that's football!

Offline mbeane19

• I reserve the right to be wrong, always.
« Reply #599: August 08, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »
Sorry I never took the time to post here as an introduction, I shall remedy that now. I have been a 20 game plan holder since 2005, but this is the first season I have discovered this forum. I enjoy it greatly, and wish I has either a laptop, or TV near my home PC to participate in Gameday threads. It is comforting to know that there are other folks obsessed with the Nats as I am.

I am happy to say I was raised in a DC only house. I am fairly sure my father would have disowned me if I ever became on Orioles fan. I recall rides up to Memorial Stadium as a kid with my dad, and he would never fail to mention that by no means was Baltimore our home team. One of my greatest joys is that I was able to take him to the opener at RFK in 2005 vs. the D-Backs.