Author Topic: "People Wearing Cubs Shirts"  (Read 5851 times)

Offline sportsfan882

"People Wearing Cubs Shirts"
« Topic Start: April 26, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »
The Cubs "fans" are the biggest bunch of moronic dumbasses I have ever seen.  Those f***ers were chanting and carrying on all game and creating trouble.  In my section in the last few innings a Cub fan threw a T-shirt he had just caught from the people giving them away and it hit a Nationals' fan in the front row. Not like it hurt the guy but what a stupid ass thing to do.  The Nats fan turned around and flicked him off and then the Cub "fan" and his buddies started flicking him off back and offered that he come up there so they could kick his ass.  The Nats fan pretty much ignored him from there on.  An usher came down to make sure everything was OK but it was pretty much over by then. 

Also, why in the hell are there so many Cubs fans?  These idiots act like the Cubs have won the world series 5 times in the last 10 years or something.  What am I missing?  I'd say only about a quarter or less of those jerks in blue on Friday night were actually from Chicago. 

Boy did I let them have it when Nieves hit the walk-off shot.  As soon as it went over the wall a few stormed out immediately. I practically followed them up the stairs chanting in their ears "HOW ABOUT DEM CUBS??!!".   :)

Title Edited to remove Profanity. Cussin's fine in the thread, but please refrain from using it in thread titles. - MrMadison

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: "People Wearing Cubs Shirts"
« Reply #1: April 26, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »
ya, i'll never understand the nationwide following the cubs have. i guess they really are the lovable losers.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: April 26, 2008, 12:47:22 AM »
It's become trendy to say you're a cubs fan. They are a bunch of clowns. At the game on Wednesday there was this cubs fan that stood with his girlfriend right in our line of view of the plate 'socializing' with some friends he ran into 2 rows in front of me. I gave him about 30 seconds to finish off his conversation and move on. But he was not going to move. He leaned back on the rail and had his girlfriend draped over him chatting away. During this was when Zimmerman threw the ball away in that disastrous inning so I was pissed off. I had to remind him he was at a baseball game not at a bar and that other people were there to actually watch the game.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #3: April 26, 2008, 02:11:38 AM »
The Cubs "fans" are the biggest bunch of moronic dumbasses I have ever seen.  Those f***ers were chanting and carrying on all game and creating trouble.  In my section in the last few innings a Cub fan threw a T-shirt he had just caught from the people giving them away and it hit a Nationals' fan in the front row. Not like it hurt the guy but what a stupid ass thing to do.  The Nats fan turned around and flicked him off and then the Cub "fan" and his buddies started flicking him off back and offered that he come up there so they could kick his ass.  The Nats fan pretty much ignored him from there on.  An usher came down to make sure everything was OK but it was pretty much over by then. 

Also, why in the hell are there so many Cubs fans?  These idiots act like the Cubs have won the world series 5 times in the last 10 years or something.  What am I missing?  I'd say only about a quarter or less of those jerks in blue on Friday night were actually from Chicago. 

Boy did I let them have it when Nieves hit the walk-off shot.  As soon as it went over the wall a few stormed out immediately. I practically followed them up the stairs chanting in their ears "HOW ABOUT DEM CUBS??!!".   :)

Tell me about it. I was just at the Rockies/Cubs games at Coors Field and they were terrible. There were a few specific fans that were driving me nuts. This one guy was standing up for the entire game blocking the view of about 10 people. He refused to sit down until we finally had security to tell him so. Ugh...by far worse than Philly or Mets fans.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #4: April 26, 2008, 06:13:34 AM »
The bandwagon cubs fan was a mystery to me last year until I realized some people just like being the victim. A lot of people these days have a martyr mentality and that goes perfectly with being a cubs fan. They just enjoy losing and acting like losers.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #5: April 26, 2008, 09:22:03 AM »
WGN showed national games - the same phenomenon as the Braves. There was no Washington team, so people just picked. I liked the Yankees because I hated the O's.

arkymark

« Reply #6: April 26, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
Bunch of whiney yuppie twits swaggering around throwing things at people and on fields.  Mike Royko used to say that no real Cub fan would ever refer to them as the Cubbies because that was stupid.  So that's who these people are -- joiners of fads, drinkers of merlot.

« Reply #7: April 26, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
I heard there only is such a thing as Wrigley Field fans, not Cubs fans.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #8: April 26, 2008, 11:42:30 AM »
Stone cold. There is a big difference between a fan and someone joining the bandwagon. While they take a backseat to the Nationals I am still a Cubs fan. You won't see me standing and chatting during the game, throwing things on the field, or flicking people off. You'll find such morons in any fan base. I also find it amusing and a bit hypocritical that people on this board are calling the Cubs losers considering the Nationals record.

In some ways it annoys me when the Cubs come to town. People bash them and the fans. Also of the two teams I want to see win; one has to lose and I end up rooting in opposite direction of the rest of my family. I did manage to bribe my sisters with $5 Nats caps last year. :)

Offline Zilla05

« Reply #9: April 26, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »
It's become trendy to say you're a cubs fan. They are a bunch of clowns. At the game on Wednesday there was this cubs fan that stood with his girlfriend right in our line of view of the plate 'socializing' with some friends he ran into 2 rows in front of me. I gave him about 30 seconds to finish off his conversation and move on. But he was not going to move. He leaned back on the rail and had his girlfriend draped over him chatting away. During this was when Zimmerman threw the ball away in that disastrous inning so I was pissed off. I had to remind him he was at a baseball game not at a bar and that other people were there to actually watch the game.

I've always said as bad as Yankees and Red Sox fans are after they won the World Series, it may be even worse if the Cubs ever manage to get their hands on the trophy. They are among the worst visitors to Nats games, along with Mets and Phils fans, as they feel self-entitled to glory even though Washington has more World Series titles in the past 99 years.

Offline Zilla05

« Reply #10: April 26, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »
Tell me about it. I was just at the Rockies/Cubs games at Coors Field and they were terrible. There were a few specific fans that would driving me nuts. This one guy was standing up for the entire game blocking the view of about 10 people. He refused to sit down until we finally had security to tell him so. Ugh...by far worse than Philly or Mets fans.

When I lived in Colorado, we used to have a Rockies mini-pack, and I just remember what bozos the Cubs fans were - some guy even brought a full size cutout of Sammy Sosa and "sat" with him in the bleachers.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #11: April 26, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »
Stone cold. There is a big difference between a fan and someone joining the bandwagon. While they take a backseat to the Nationals I am still a Cubs fan. You won't see me standing and chatting during the game, throwing things on the field, or flicking people off. You'll find such morons in any fan base. I also find it amusing and a bit hypocritical that people on this board are calling the Cubs losers considering the Nationals record.

In some ways it annoys me when the Cubs come to town. People bash them and the fans. Also of the two teams I want to see win; one has to lose and I end up rooting in opposite direction of the rest of my family. I did manage to bribe my sisters with $5 Nats caps last year. :)
The Cubs haven't won a World Series in 100 Years!  The Nats have only been around for 4 seasons.  They'd have to go 96 more years without winning a world series just to match the Cubs' awful streak. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #12: April 26, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
The Cubs haven't won a World Series in 100 Years!  The Nats have only been around for 4 seasons.  They'd have to go 96 more years without winning a world series just to match the Cubs' awful streak. 

True but the Cubs were competitive in 1984, 1989, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007. Its more than the Nationals/Expos can claim. Until we shake cellar dweller status and competing for the worst record in the majors its a bit early to be calling any team losers.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: April 26, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »
True but the Cubs were competitive in 1984, 1989, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007. Its more than the Nationals/Expos can claim. Until we shake cellar dweller status and competing for the worst record in the majors its a bit early to be calling any team losers.
We are not the Expos.  This is only our 4th year.. I think it's a bit early to call this franchise a "losing one" so early after it's inception.  I could not care less if the Cubs "were competitive" in certain season.  The fact is that they have not won a Championship in 100 years.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #14: April 26, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
Cubs: 2007 National League Central Champions.
Nationals: We have yet to take the N.L. East.

Looks like the Cubs have won more than we have in the last three years to me.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #15: April 26, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »

Division championships mean nothing unless you win a World Series. Just ask the Braves.

The Cubs have been competitive and are usually a solid/good team, but they are never good enough to win it all. 100 years without a championship is pretty bad.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #16: April 26, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »
Division championships mean nothing unless you win a World Series. Just ask the Braves.

It means something to me as a fan. It means I am watching a team that is competitive, they're fighting for something, and not just mailing it in or playing the spoiler.

The 100 years thing doesn't bother me. I'm not that old.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #17: April 26, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
It means something to me as a fan. It means I am watching a team that is competitive, they're fighting for something, and not just mailing it in or playing the spoiler.

Well, yea, it helps that the team isn't a mess and is in the cellar each year. Regardless of your age or mine, 100 years without a World Series is pretty bad. I mean, geez. That's a CENTURY without ONE championship. Divison titles and competitiveness are nice, but come on, without a World Series, you're still known as the team that can't get it done.

A lot of Cubs fans are from Chicago, are born and raised Cubs fans, whatever. But there's also a lot of Cubs fans that are fans for one reason or another - usually because it's trendy.

« Reply #18: April 26, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »
I certainly have no love for the Cubs or their Top Five Most Obnoxious Fans status, but an NL East Pennant sounds good to me.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #19: April 26, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »

A lot of Cubs fans are from Chicago, are born and raised Cubs fans, whatever. But there's also a lot of Cubs fans that are fans for one reason or another - usually because it's trendy.

That's what irks me the most.  The vast majority of those clowns last night at the game rooting for the Cubs are fake. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #20: April 26, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »

So are you a Cubs fan or a Nationals fan?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #21: April 26, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »
I certainly have no love for the Cubs or their Top Five Most Obnoxious Fans status, but an NL East Pennant sounds good to me.

Isn't it Central Div.  I digress.

Yes, winning a division and even a league Championship is a BIG DEAL!  When we do it are you going to say the same thing?  That unless you win it all, you're equal with everyone else?  I don't have that George Steinbrenner type attitude!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #22: April 26, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »
Isn't it Central Div.  I digress.

Yes, winning a division and even a league Championship is a BIG DEAL!  When we do it are you going to say the same thing?  That unless you win it all, you're equal with everyone else?  I don't have that George Steinbrenner type attitude!
For the Cubs yes winning it all should mean everything since they have failed to in the last 100 years.  Just making the Playoffs would be a huge accomplishment for our franchise but eventually it will be World Series or bust. Just look at the Washington Wizards. They have made the playoffs 4 years in a row but have only made it past the first round once.  After a  while just making the playoffs is not enough.

Offline Zilla05

« Reply #23: April 26, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »

The Cubs also spent nearly $100M last season, and aren't considered to be in rebuilding after MLB ravaged the farm system. Considering all they've gotten out of over $90M payrolls is one division title and one playoff win, it's just going to be more expensive to try and make the next step.

« Reply #24: April 26, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Isn't it Central Div.  I digress.

Yes, winning a division and even a league Championship is a BIG DEAL!  When we do it are you going to say the same thing?  That unless you win it all, you're equal with everyone else?  I don't have that George Steinbrenner type attitude!

No, I am saying I would like the Nats to win the NL East. I could care less what the Central Division does.

What kind of attitude are you accusing me off here? I would be ecstatic if the Nats took the NL East. Of course I would love for them to go all the way and win the WS and champagne rains from the sky. But I would be happy with an NL East pennant to start with.