Author Topic: I graduated!  (Read 2312 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: I graduated!
« Reply #25: May 22, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
Well done senor :clap:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #26: May 22, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
Congrats bro.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy this time while you've got it dude.  You're only 22 (or 23 or 24) once.  :D

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #27: May 22, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
Congrats bro.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy this time while you've got it dude.  You're only 22 (or 23 or 24) once.  :D

Try 21!

Thanks everyone. Really excited to move on, but I have to say I will miss not being able to drink on a Wednesday at 3 p.m. just because it's Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #28: May 22, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
Try 21!

Dude, you'll blink twice and be an old, broken down man like me in your early 30s so LIVE NOW!  All kidding aside, congrats man - it's really great to see so many from the board doing so well! 

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #29: May 23, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
Belated congratulations! I'm a rising Junior so I hope to be in your place two years from now. But I'm very excited for next year - finally out of the dorms and living in Courtyards (off-campus university owned apartments) :mg: not as convenient as the Commons (on-campus apartments) but at least I get a kitchen, washer and dryer, and TV room.

Again, congrats!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #30: May 23, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
Alice Cooper with the Muppets:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #31: May 23, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
I have one more year at the Harvard of the South and then I have to be an adult  :shock:

You go to Rice?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #32: May 23, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
If you vo to Harvard on the Pike; you go to Montgomery college, Rockville!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #33: May 23, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
Don't worry. You'll have plenty of reasons to drink mid-week.
Try 21!

Thanks everyone. Really excited to move on, but I have to say I will miss not being able to drink on a Wednesday at 3 p.m. just because it's Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #34: May 23, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »
I thought that Rice was above such comparisons to bland repositories for ruling class privvy kids.

You go to Rice?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #35: May 24, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »
Belated congratulations! I'm a rising Junior so I hope to be in your place two years from now. But I'm very excited for next year - finally out of the dorms and living in Courtyards (off-campus university owned apartments) :mg: not as convenient as the Commons (on-campus apartments) but at least I get a kitchen, washer and dryer, and TV room.

Again, congrats!

you're lucky, commons is the freaking worst. lived there for 2 years, the only good thing about it is a location

Offline eckseid

« Reply #36: May 24, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
Belated congrats. Enjoy your time you have right now.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #37: May 24, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »

You go to Rice?

I thought that Swanee considered themselves the Harvard of the South

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #38: May 24, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
you're lucky, commons is the freaking worst. lived there for 2 years, the only good thing about it is a location

That's surprising. All my roommates were gunning for Commons (I wanted Courtyards) but there wasn't enough room. Courtyards at least seams quieter, and free parking.

But now at least you get a real apartment  :D possibly!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #39: May 24, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
That's surprising. All my roommates were gunning for Commons (I wanted Courtyards) but there wasn't enough room. Courtyards at least seams quieter, and free parking.

the people who run commons are complete jerks who enjoy trying to screw over students as much as possible. i lived in commons 2 and my room wasn't really that nice and the newer commons buildings are actually worth the price considering the newer ones have a lot more things than my apartment has. but basically i hated everyone in resident life when i lived there, but thats a long story. enjoy courtyards! i have friends there who love it.

and yes i finally have a real apartment! in manhattan. a little different than commons

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #40: May 24, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
How much is my kid going to hate The View? He's in the older, non-freshman dorm.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #41: May 24, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
How much is my kid going to hate The View? He's in the older, non-freshman dorm.

the view is great. i wish i lived in the view. its kinda far but the buses get you to campus really easy and the bars as well, and you're right next to the best bar (looney's). the high-rise style can be annoying but i'd take it over commons any day. the only thing about commons i actually liked was its location.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #42: May 24, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
The older, "back" tower is pretty close to the engineering buildings, where he should be spending a lot of his time. But if not, buses are fine.

the view is great. i wish i lived in the view. its kinda far but the buses get you to campus really easy and the bars as well, and you're right next to the best bar (looney's). the high-rise style can be annoying but i'd take it over commons any day. the only thing about commons i actually liked was its location.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #43: May 24, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
I thought that Rice was above such comparisons to bland repositories for ruling class privvy kids.

That too. I don't think Harvard kids go to class in their pajamas and drink.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #44: May 24, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
I thought that Swanee considered themselves the Harvard of the South

University of the South - I've never met anyone who went there, so I couldn't tell you

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #45: May 24, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

That too. I don't think Harvard kids go to class in their pajamas and drink.

If you count the lime green corduroys they passed out in the night before, then they do.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #46: May 24, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »

Real men live in Allegany E!     :old: :cheers: :glug: :pimp: :w:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #47: May 25, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
Real men live in Allegany E!     :old: :cheers: :glug: :pimp: :w:

That's amateur hour - Pritchard Hall for the win!!!!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #48: May 28, 2012, 05:52:06 PM »
That's amateur hour - Pritchard Hall for the win!!!!

Haha...Pritchard :lmao:  I never lived there, but I have a lot of friends who did and there are some good stories from that place.  I heard that they just turned into a co-ed hall.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #49: May 28, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
:shock:

Wow.  That should be entertaining.  Pritchard was such a craphole of teen anger and underage drinking. God help us if the 12 floors of whores (Slusher Tower) goes coed.