Author Topic: Unexpected TFS update  (Read 1234 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Unexpected TFS update
« Topic Start: September 28, 2006, 05:34:19 AM »
Here's what I put on the other NATIONALS FAN FORUM.

KIM, look on the thread under General discussion regarding Hometown Heros.  I said that TFS is my Junior Home Town Hero!  

To all that care about KimNat. I'm sending the following letter to the Nationals. I'm not sure if anything can be done this late in the season but its a shot! Since I can't post photos, you'll have to go to NationalsForum . com under a picture thread to see it. I'm also blanking out address info and other stuff that she may not want published on the message board.

Washington Nationals Baseball Club
Attn: Community Relations/Player Appearances
RFK Stadium
2400 East Capitol Street SE
Washington, DC 20003

To Whom it May Concern:

With only a few days left in the season, I hope and pray that you can grant this request for a player appearance. I participate in the Fan Forum on the Washington Nationals Website. Among the many posts on that board are ones from someone with the username KIMNAT in regards to her son, referred to as TFS. I am writing on Kimnat?s behalf and of the many people on the message board who have almost adopted this family as if it was their own.

Kimnat?s son was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease. He is a brave young man of approximately 7 years old. He?s already had surgery for lumps in his neck. As you can imagine, as with many kids with Cancer he?s been through a multitude of tests. Because of this he has to go through months of Chemotherapy at _____ Hospital and will have to have it for 3 weeks straight and off and on the next month 3 weeks straight for the next 6 Months! This illness has been very hard on entire family for not only does Kimnat have a son, but also daughters who are worried about their big brother.

Kimnat?s son is named _______. He goes by TFS for the time he once flushed a toothbrush down the toilet (Toothbrush Flushing Son) but I digress. I?m attaching a picture of _____ that I downloaded off another message board that allows pictures. He?s a cute little boy, isn?t he?

<picture would go here>

If you could send a NATS player to sign some autographs and maybe bring some souvenirs for ______ and the Girls, I really think it would lift this family?s spirit.

I?ve looked at your request form but this doesn?t apply because I don?t think a request on the behalf of fans and NOT a Non profit organization. I?m trying to include all the information you need. Its difficult since I?m not the parent of this child but just a fan (among many) that care about this family.

What is needed is a player, with some pictures and NATS Souvenirs for _____, the girls and probably some other kids who may be getting Chemo that day. I know he has Chemo on Wednesdays.

If you do a home visit, you would have to write Kim and see if that is alright with her. Her address is stated above. I?m not sure of the procedure of who to contact over there for a Hospital visit. I?m sure you?ve made similar visits to Hospitals before.

Here is the address for ______ HOSPITAL AND DIRECTIONS FROM THE WEBSITE.

<copied directions from Yahoo Maps to Hospital>

Contact Kim for any arrangements you need to make. The fans of TFS hope that the NATIONALS can DONATE their time and efforts to this very worthy cause. I look forward to hearing back from you or at the very least, Kimnat posting that she has heard from you regarding this request on her and many fans? behalf.
Sincerely,

I know its kind of cryptic but I'm trying to keep some info private. If any of you have any "connections" and can help in any way, please do so. You can write Kimnat by clicking on her name. You can write me the same way.