Author Topic: Non-alcoholic Drinks  (Read 30413 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Soft Drinks
« Reply #25: November 09, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
and I drink a crap load of diet soda.

:spaz:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #26: November 09, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »
:spaz:

I'm not big on diet colas, but fruit flavored diet soda is ok, like diet orange and diet sprite type things.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: November 09, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »
I'm not big on diet colas, but fruit flavored diet soda is ok, like diet orange and diet sprite type things.

Diet sodas have a nasty chemical sort of taste to me.  Also, not really sure what's in them, and don't think it's necessarily what I want in my body.  Kind of moot since I don't like them anyway.

I don't drink regular sodas much anymore either, maybe one ginger ale a week.   

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #28: November 09, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »
I've been drinking Jones "Zilch" Soda recently.  Pomegranate and Vanilla Bean are both exceptional.  Haven't found Black Cherry yet.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #29: November 09, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
I can't find an ibrik anywhere (the pot you use for turkish coffee).  I tried looking for anything similar in Wal-Mart to no avail.

They look sort of like this usually

I might just have to order one online from Amazon or something, but I hate ordering online.  I like instant gratification!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #30: November 09, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
I've been drinking Jones "Zilch" Soda recently.  Pomegranate and Vanilla Bean are both exceptional.  Haven't found Black Cherry yet.
Diet, right?  I've had the black cherry diet and it is pretty damn good.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #31: November 09, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »

Can anybody recall the Soda brand they have at Potbelly?  They have some old style obscure varietals, like Black Cherry for example, very tasty.  Just can't recall the brand.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #32: November 09, 2010, 08:44:44 PM »
Diet, right?  I've had the black cherry diet and it is pretty damn good.

Not exactly diet but it's 0 calorie and no caffeine.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #33: November 09, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »
Not exactly diet but it's 0 calorie and no caffeine.
Yeah, by diet I mean 0 or low calorie.  Not diet as in make you lose weight.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #34: November 09, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »
I can't find an ibrik anywhere (the pot you use for turkish coffee).  I tried looking for anything similar in Wal-Mart to no avail.

They look sort of like this usually
(Image removed from quote.)

I might just have to order one online from Amazon or something, but I hate ordering online.  I like instant gratification!

Join amazon student for near instant gratification.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #35: November 09, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
Can anybody recall the Soda brand they have at Potbelly?  They have some old style obscure varietals, like Black Cherry for example, very tasty.  Just can't recall the brand.
Boylan?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #36: November 09, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
Boylan?

(Image removed from quote.)

Nah, it's something that looks like IBC but isn't.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #37: November 09, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
One thing I will say, soda tastes 100 times better out of a glass bottle than out of the plastic ones.  I wish they still sold coke in glass bottles in vending machines.  I know you can get small 6 packs with 12 ounce bottles, but it's ridiculously expensive.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #38: November 09, 2010, 09:07:14 PM »

Are you sure it isn't IBC?  I looked it up after your post and they look familiar.  Creme, black cherry, root beer, seems to be the same types and looks of the bottles. 

Might have to make another reconnaissance to be sure.    :P

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #39: November 09, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Are you sure it isn't IBC?  I looked it up after your post and they look familiar.  Creme, black cherry, root beer, seems to be the same types and looks of the bottles. 

Might have to make another reconnaissance to be sure.    :P

The one in Chinatown usually has IBC and the "other" brand.  The other one has grape, black cherry, and orange from what I remember.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #40: November 09, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »
One thing I will say, soda tastes 100 times better out of a glass bottle than out of the plastic ones.  I wish they still sold coke in glass bottles in vending machines.  I know you can get small 6 packs with 12 ounce bottles, but it's ridiculously expensive.

:old:  Back in my day we got 6 and 1/2 oz. bottles out of machines ice cold and we liked them!  Nobody was wishing they had a 32 oz. one.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #41: November 09, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
:old:  Back in my day we got 6 and 1/2 oz. bottles out of machines ice cold and we liked them!  Nobody was wishing they had a 32 oz. one.
I'm not complaining about the bottles being small.  I'm complaining that they want me to pay MORE for 6 small bottles than 8 bigguns.

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #42: November 09, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
All soda?  I don't drink much HFCS stuff anymore, but I do occasionally have the Sierra Mist Natural and Pepsi Throwback, which are sugar sweetened, and I drink a crap load of diet soda.

Hey, we should have a thread about sodas and tea and coffee and other such soft drinks.  Oh wait :P

Good point.  I'll occasionally indulge with Pepsi throwback and the like (I lay off HFCS almost entirely), but seriously, I drink soda maybe once a month.  Empty calories.

lol @ the mention of Mellow Yellow

It feels like the last time I saw that stuff was at a Sizzler...in 1997...

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #43: November 09, 2010, 09:47:45 PM »
I like the Diet Orange, personally.  I've never had Birch Beer in my life, though.

I'd slap you if I could. Fresh brewed birch beer off tap is up there with fine real beer. It's so delicious. Go to the store and buy the yellow Penn Dutch brand.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #44: November 09, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »
Join amazon student for near instant gratification.

Speaking of Amazon Prime, I just bought a $2.99 cent item with free 2-day shipping, it's arriving on Thursday :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #45: November 09, 2010, 09:50:05 PM »
I'd slap you if I could. Fresh brewed birch beer off tap is up there with fine real beer. It's so delicious. Go to the store and buy the yellow Penn Dutch brand.

Do they sell it at Wies?  :lol:

Speaking of Amazon Prime, I just bought a $2.99 cent item with free 2-day shipping, it's arriving on Thursday :lol:
I might do the free trial, I just don't spend enough on Amazon to pay $79/year for prime.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #46: November 09, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »
Wait, is birch beer pretty much the same thing as root beer?

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #47: November 09, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
Good point.  I'll occasionally indulge with Pepsi throwback and the like (I lay off HFCS almost entirely), but seriously, I drink soda maybe once a month.  Empty calories.

lol @ the mention of Mellow Yellow

It feels like the last time I saw that stuff was at a Sizzler...in 1997...
Hardees still has Mellow Yellow on tap

Could it be Hank's soda?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #48: November 09, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »
Wait, is birch beer pretty much the same thing as root beer?

This is gonna get you in hot water :lol:

Weis specifically does have the yellow Penn Dutch birch beer, yes.

If you have a .edu email address, then you can do Amazon Student and get free prime for a year. If anyone in your family has a baby, you can do amazon mom and get 3 free months. Both are separate from the free trial. I basically order everything I buy from Amazon, so when I signed up for Amazon Mom, every time I spend 25 bucks on an order (i.e. a box of diapers) I get another free month, plus 10% off coupons. I even bought salt and vinegar chips on Amazon when Harris Teeter was out of my brand.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #49: November 09, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
This is gonna get you in hot water :lol:
I take that as a yes.

Weis specifically does have the yellow Penn Dutch birch beer, yes.

If you have a .edu email address, then you can do Amazon Student and get free prime for a year. If anyone in your family has a baby, you can do amazon mom and get 3 free months. Both are separate from the free trial. I basically order everything I buy from Amazon, so when I signed up for Amazon Mom, every time I spend 25 bucks on an order (i.e. a box of diapers) I get another free month, plus 10% off coupons. I even bought salt and vinegar chips on Amazon when Harris Teeter was out of my brand.
I actually don't have a .edu email address at my school.  I believe I could make one but I forget my password for the server that I have to SSH into in order to set it up.