Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171758 times)

Offline jdland

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #650: February 24, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
i was referring to the old gas station directly across the street from the "B" garage, on the corner of South capital and the road that runs along the CF entrance.  It's arguably the biggest eyesore in the area so I was wondering if there was any news on developing it into something useful.  thanks again!

Right, that's lot N. Monument Realty has plans to put a residential building there, but there's no timeline for that. So for this season it'll be a cash lot.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #651: February 24, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »
Right, that's lot N. Monument Realty has plans to put a residential building there, but there's no timeline for that. So for this season it'll be a cash lot.

It seems like there is a lot of development a block or two away from the ballpark but nothing in the area directly across the street, I'm guessing the property owners are holding out for more money?

Offline jdland

« Reply #652: February 24, 2013, 01:50:40 PM »
It seems like there is a lot of development a block or two away from the ballpark but nothing in the area directly across the street, I'm guessing the property owners are holding out for more money?

It's not really holding out for more money, since it's big developers who now own those lots--it costs them a pile of money to build, and all these projects in the neighborhood are vying for construction loans, with some developers wanting/needing loan terms that maybe aren't quite as easy to get. And then when some projects a bit further away have gotten started, perhaps banks think that there's starting to be an oversupply of residential or office in the pipeline....

I don't think either Akridge or Monument really WANT to have those lots empty.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #653: February 24, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
It's not really holding out for more money, since it's big developers who now own those lots--it costs them a pile of money to build, and all these projects in the neighborhood are vying for construction loans, with some developers wanting/needing loan terms that maybe aren't quite as easy to get. And then when some projects a bit further away have gotten started, perhaps banks think that there's starting to be an oversupply of residential or office in the pipeline....

I don't think either Akridge or Monument really WANT to have those lots empty.

Ok, it's just strange that ballpark area development is starting on the fringes instead of immediately around the ballpark and spreading outward.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #654: February 28, 2013, 07:29:31 AM »
Seems lot HH is still going to be there. Via a JDLand commenter:

"JD, I spoke with the guy at the HH lot this morning and he confirmed that it would be open for Nats games this year. Between that and the fact that the "Lot HH" sign with Nats logo is still there, I think we can be pretty sure that's not going to change."

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #655: March 04, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »
Infield Upper Gallery Sec 409

Why are they so much cheaper than even the outfield seats? Is it obstructed?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #656: March 04, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
Infield Upper Gallery Sec 409

Why are they so much cheaper than even the outfield seats? Is it obstructed?

No, just very high up.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #657: March 21, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
JDLand ‏@JDLand
Baseball is (almost) back, so see my Visiting #Nats Park guide for what's new & what's coming nearby: http://bit.ly/14et8ra

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #658: March 21, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
I think unless it's 95 degrees out,  any infield Gallery seat is a great seat!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #659: March 21, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
JDLand ‏@JDLand
Baseball is (almost) back, so see my Visiting #Nats Park guide for what's new & what's coming nearby: http://bit.ly/14et8ra

:clap:

Online Slateman

« Reply #660: March 26, 2013, 08:30:03 AM »
Section 306, Row F

Any reason I shouldn't sit in these seats? They're a smidge beyond my set price range ($78 and my limit was $75). But I'm hoping tickets will go down in the next couple days (however, the total number of tickets available on StubHub have decreased the last couple days)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #661: March 26, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
Section 306, Row F

Any reason I shouldn't sit in these seats? They're a smidge beyond my set price range ($78 and my limit was $75). But I'm hoping tickets will go down in the next couple days (however, the total number of tickets available on StubHub have decreased the last couple days)

The seats are fine, but not for near that price, that's about triple face value.  The number of seats on StubHub went up slightly overnight while the prices dropped slightly.  I fully expect a major price crash.  Check the site 2-3 times a day, if tickets start moving fast and the bottom line prices go up a notch, buy immediately.  Otherwise wait until right before you leave for the park on Monday. 

The team will also be releasing a ton of tickets early on Monday morning (maybe sooner since it is an early start) so there will be tix available for face value, but I still expect StubHub to have the better deals at that time.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #662: March 26, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »
Back to Papa John's as the official pizza at the park.  Guess Flippin' Pizza is gone.  Too bad...

Also, they are advertising six new craft beers on tap at the Red Porch.

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #663: March 27, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
I hope the kosher stands are open on Monday with some good Passover goodies for us to munch on.  Maybe some good wine since beer is off limits.  Opening Day during Passover... what a buzzkill.  At least cigars are kosher for Passover.  And margaritas.  My dad and I will therefore be at the Bullpen pregaming.

Offline machpost

« Reply #664: March 27, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
In retail news, from the DC Sports Bog:

In other merchandise news, there will be a new “47 Brand” walk-in store on the stadium’s third-base line this season, plus a kids-themed Adidas store on the main outfield concourse.

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #665: March 29, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
REgarding outside food:
All food items must be contained in single serving bags within a soft-sided container or cooler that does not exceed 16" x 16" x 8". Metal, plastic or glass containers of any kind (except for factory-sealed, clear plastic water bottles, no larger than 1 liter, baby food, empty Nalgene bottles and juice boxes) are prohibited at Nationals Park. Only one bottle of water per person will be permitted

Does this mean you can bring food in a grocery bag, or does it have to be a soft sided cooler?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #666: March 29, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
Does anyone know what time the gates open on Opening Day ?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #667: March 29, 2013, 03:25:08 PM »

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #668: March 29, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
REgarding outside food:
All food items must be contained in single serving bags within a soft-sided container or cooler that does not exceed 16" x 16" x 8". Metal, plastic or glass containers of any kind (except for factory-sealed, clear plastic water bottles, no larger than 1 liter, baby food, empty Nalgene bottles and juice boxes) are prohibited at Nationals Park. Only one bottle of water per person will be permitted

Does this mean you can bring food in a grocery bag, or does it have to be a soft sided cooler?

A grocery bag would be considered a soft-sided container, so you're fine.

Online Slateman

« Reply #669: March 29, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Tickets have really gone down. 400 level in the Infield Gallary are going for less than 50 now. Not sure if the 300 level is worth the extra money

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #670: March 29, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »
REgarding outside food:

They just don't want you to have hard things that can become weapons.  I bring a small backpack with peanuts, a water bottle, backup clothing/raingear, and hide the flask - good to go.

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #671: March 29, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »
Thanks Tom and PB

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #672: March 30, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
JD is looking for help updating her parking map for 2013, Tweet her with lot locations and prices at #parknats. Her parking map is by far the single best service any Nats bloggers provides, so please help her out.

Online Slateman

« Reply #673: March 30, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »
Prices going back up ...

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #674: March 30, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
JD is looking for help updating her parking map for 2013, Tweet her with lot locations and prices at #parknats. Her parking map is by far the single best service any Nats bloggers provides, so please help her out.

She has an awesome site...lots of good info for us, so we should support her however we can.

On another note, how did the the Nats do with concessions at the exhibition game?  38K+ should have been a pretty good test for opening day.  Did they get overwhelmed or handle it ok?