Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171623 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #1650: September 08, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
Winter Classic is confirmed for Nats Park.  Expect record high ticket prices and no availability for Nats fans, all tickets available locally will be distributed to Caps, Wizards, and Mystics ticket holders.  (Hey Chelsea, buddy, you're a Mystics plan holder, any chance you might have some extras?)
I have a share in Wizards season tickets.  So you think Wiz season ticket holders will get some tickets?  Need to alert my season ticket chief. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1651: September 08, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »
I have a share in Wizards season tickets.  So you think Wiz season ticket holders will get some tickets?  Need to alert my season ticket chief. 

Caps fans will get most of the tickets, Leonsis will make the rest of his share available to you guys.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1652: September 08, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
Don't give up your day job

In honor of the new sign with the "N-A-T-S Nats, Nats, Nats, Woo" chant, I've written an equally original song to sing at Nats Park:

Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory,
Fight Nationals fight, score some runs one-two-three.
Hit 'em far,
Hit 'em out,
And watch our Nationals fly.
Fly, Nationals fly, on the road to victory!
N-A-T-S, Nationals!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1653: September 08, 2014, 07:46:05 PM »
Caps fans will get most of the tickets, Leonsis will make the rest of his share available to you guys.
Better than nothing.  With four of us in the group wonder how many we might get. Time will tell.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1654: September 08, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
Better than nothing.  With four of us in the group wonder how many we might get. Time will tell.

All Caps STH's get the same number of seats they have for their regular season plan...even if it is only a 6 game flex plan like mine...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1655: September 09, 2014, 06:58:48 AM »
All Caps STH's get the same number of seats they have for their regular season plan...even if it is only a 6 game flex plan like mine...

The Penguins received 30,000 seats when they hosted the Classic.  The Wizards had 8,000 season ticket holders last year, which probably means they'll have about 10,000 this season, combined with the Caps and Mystics there will be at most a couple thousand tickets remaining for Leonsis to hand out to his friends.

I wouldn't mind a standing room seat if it didn't cost too much, maybe they'll let the Nats sell a few thousand of those.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1656: September 09, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »
The Penguins received 30,000 seats when they hosted the Classic.  The Wizards had 8,000 season ticket holders last year, which probably means they'll have about 10,000 this season, combined with the Caps and Mystics there will be at most a couple thousand tickets remaining for Leonsis to hand out to his friends.

I wouldn't mind a standing room seat if it didn't cost too much, maybe they'll let the Nats sell a few thousand of those.
Probably best to be standing and moving if the weather is cold.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1657: September 09, 2014, 07:26:18 AM »
In honor of the new sign with the "N-A-T-S Nats, Nats, Nats, Woo" chant[...]

They've actually put up a sign honouring that (and if so, where)? That started in the section next to mine (313 - haven't been to the ballpark since June so was previously unaware of that).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1658: September 09, 2014, 07:29:00 AM »
They've actually put up a sign honouring that (and if so, where)? That started in the section next to mine (313 - haven't been to the ballpark since June so was previously unaware of that).

Here's the image from the Sports Bog:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1659: September 09, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »
Here's the image from the Sports Bog:

(Image removed from quote.)

Interesting - is that anywhere near where it originated in 313? (It can be easily heard on the radio broadcasts since that section is directly below the radio perch.)

My seat in 312 is directly across an aisle from 313 and I normally join in (when I'm there, of course).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1660: September 09, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Interesting - is that anywhere near where it originated in 313? (It can be easily heard on the radio broadcasts since that section is directly below the radio perch.)

My seat in 312 is directly across an aisle from 313 and I normally join in (when I'm there, of course).

It is directly behind 313.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #1661: September 09, 2014, 08:44:09 AM »
What's up with the Nats and the associations with man boy lovers? First they hired Mark Foley and now they seem to be adopting Elmo as an unofficial mascot.

(Image removed from quote.)

The Elmos are because of the video they play after a run scored, which comes from the @JaysonWerthsBeard twitter handle that plays said video after each Nats win.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1662: September 09, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »
@sharethecourage: #nats towing on q street

Offline BossDetwiler

« Reply #1663: September 09, 2014, 11:46:54 PM »
The towing around NatsPark, particularly around the cement plants and scrap yard goes into overdrive right after first pitch.  I was a little late getting to a game recently and tow trucks were buzzing.  If you get towed usually you car gets dropped a few blocks away on the street in a meter spot, you get a ticket for your parking violation, and a ticket for the tow service.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1664: September 10, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »
Don't give up your day job

Take his advice seriously. He used to be a comedian :)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #1665: September 13, 2014, 01:10:35 AM »
The towing around NatsPark, particularly around the cement plants and scrap yard goes into overdrive right after first pitch.  I was a little late getting to a game recently and tow trucks were buzzing.  If you get towed usually you car gets dropped a few blocks away on the street in a meter spot, you get a ticket for your parking violation, and a ticket for the tow service.

Good work by them!  Double trouble!

Offline jensgt

« Reply #1666: September 14, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
So I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but if we make it to the World Series I HAVE to go to a game.  I just had a baby and I am breast feeding and I don't think I could make it through 2 metro rides and a baseball game without pumping...where inside the park can I do this?  Is there a mothers lounge anywhere?  Thanks!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1667: September 14, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Nursing Mothers
Nursing mothers may contact any Guest Experience Representative or go to a Guest Services location to determine the closest room available for that particular game.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1668: September 15, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
So I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but if we make it to the World Series I HAVE to go to a game.  I just had a baby and I am breast feeding and I don't think I could make it through 2 metro rides and a baseball game without pumping...where inside the park can I do this?  Is there a mothers lounge anywhere?  Thanks!

Pretty sure they have a lounge for nursing moms.  Showing the game on TV of course, we want to make sure those bambinos are brought up right.    :w:

Offline jensgt

« Reply #1669: September 15, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »
Yeah I had read the bit about "the room available" but was curious what kind of room it is.  I had heard some scary story about a woman being directed to a bathroom where she tried to pump and had about 20 people bang on the door during the 30 minutes she was in the room.  Sounded like a bad experience.  If there is a nursing lounge where one could pump, that would be perfect!  My boy is too young (7 weeks) to come to the games yet.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1670: September 15, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
Yeah I had read the bit about "the room available" but was curious what kind of room it is.  I had heard some scary story about a woman being directed to a bathroom where she tried to pump and had about 20 people bang on the door during the 30 minutes she was in the room.  Sounded like a bad experience.  If there is a nursing lounge where one could pump, that would be perfect!  My boy is too young (7 weeks) to come to the games yet.

They have family restrooms scattered throughout the park, but - like you said - those get bombarded and you likely won't be in there a minute before the knocking starts. I might suggest also trying one of the three first-aid stations (two on the main level, one on the gallery level) as they may have a private room available.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #1671: September 16, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
I've been in
They have family restrooms scattered throughout the park, but - like you said - those get bombarded and you likely won't be in there a minute before the knocking starts. I might suggest also trying one of the three first-aid stations (two on the main level, one on the gallery level) as they may have a private room available.
I have been inside the first aid station on the 1B side. There didn't seem to be any private rooms, but I imagine that it would be more conducive than the family bathroom with a line of people banging on the door. The 1st Aid station had a few chairs, the temps were much cooler than the summer air outside and it seemed a lot quieter.

Offline J0TAS

« Reply #1672: September 23, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »
I can't recall the location but there is a room(s) allocated for that. I thought I had see it posted somewhere in the ballpark or within the game.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1673: September 23, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »
The Dream Foundation is now doing a 50/50 raffle at home games. Pittsburgh has done it for several years. Jackpot so far for tonight is around $3K.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #1674: September 23, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »
The Dream Foundation is now doing a 50/50 raffle at home games. Pittsburgh has done it for several years. Jackpot so far for tonight is around $3K.

Pittsburgh's jackpot on Sat and Sun was $35-40K both days...Pirates charities basically took in about a dollar for everyone in the park.