Author Topic: HOPE!!!  (Read 1728 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

HOPE!!!
« Topic Start: July 20, 2005, 01:08:55 PM »
I AM ALONE IN MY BELIEF IN THE NATIONALS!!! I KNOW NO ONE THAT BELIEVES THE NATIONALS CAN WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR US TO FALL FLAT ON OUR FACES AND THEY EXPECT FLORIDA (WHO WAS UNDER 500 JUST THE OTHER DAY) TO BEAT US!! SO CAN I PLEASE GET SOME NATIONALS FANS TO TELL ME THEY BELIEVE TOO?

Nationalzfanatic88

HOPE!!!
« Reply #1: July 20, 2005, 01:10:42 PM »
SOME MENTAL SUPPORT WOULD BE NICE :lol:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
HOPE!!!
« Reply #2: July 20, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »
First a hardy welcome to the Washington Nationals Fan Forum...

Now to your message... If you were alone in your beliefs, this forum would not exist. Nor would there be so many blogs and web site dedicated to the Nats. There are and always will be more silent Nationals fans than vocal ones. They are not bandwagon hoppers nor are they casual observers. They are simply choose to not be as vocal as some of us are...

Nationalzfanatic88

HOPE!!!
« Reply #3: July 20, 2005, 01:40:42 PM »
I DIDNT MEAN IN THE WORLD, I MEANT LOCALLY NONE OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY LIKE BASEBALL LET ALONE THE NATIONALS SO I NEVER HAVE ANYONE THAT TALKS POSITIVELY ABOUT THE NATIONALS, ALL I HEAR ARE THOSE SO CALLED SPORTS EXPERTS TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH OUR OFFENSE STINKS AND HOW THE BRAVES AND MARLINS ARE GONNA BEAT US, SO I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME REASURRANCE FROM SOME NATIONALS FANS!! AND THANKS FOR THE WELCOME, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
HOPE!!!
« Reply #4: July 20, 2005, 01:49:23 PM »
Welcome to the board man.

but please, ease up on the CAPS.

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

Re: HOPE!!!
« Reply #5: July 20, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
I AM ALONE IN MY BELIEF IN THE NATIONALS!!! I KNOW NO ONE THAT BELIEVES THE NATIONALS CAN WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR US TO FALL FLAT ON OUR FACES AND THEY EXPECT FLORIDA (WHO WAS UNDER 500 JUST THE OTHER DAY) TO BEAT US!! SO CAN I PLEASE GET SOME NATIONALS FANS TO TELL ME THEY BELIEVE TOO?

I dunno how many Nats fans believe the Nats can win the WS (as opposed to make the playoffs as either division winner or WC).

As of the All Star break, Vegas had Nats at 8-1 to win the World Series (same as marlins and padres, better than braves who were - if I recall right - 12-1). Dunno if the odds have gotten longer since then (I remember Angels and Red Sox at 3-1, forget where everyone else was).

Nats have a shot at the playoffs but a lot may change in the NL East. Right now there are rumors both Marlins and Phillies are gonna tank the season (tho this seems to have died down a bit recently, maybe cos of nats slump). Or to be accurate there are rumors they are going to trade key players that would seem to make it hard for them to compete.

Anyway, keep the faith  :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: HOPE!!!
« Reply #6: July 20, 2005, 03:47:20 PM »
Quote from: "mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)"
As of the All Star break, Vegas had Nats at 8-1 to win the World Series (same as marlins and padres, better than braves who were - if I recall right - 12-1). Dunno if the odds have gotten longer since then (I remember Angels and Red Sox at 3-1, forget where everyone else was).

Current odds to win the WS are:

Atlanta    12 to 1
Florida    15 to 1
Washington    16 to 1
NY Mets    50 to 1
Philadelphia    50 to 1

And to win the National League Pennant:

Atlanta    13 to 2
Florida    15 to 2
Washington    15 to 2
Philadelphia    20 to 1
NY Mets    25 to 1