Author Topic: Off-season Hobbies  (Read 4379 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #25: October 09, 2006, 08:28:05 AM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Quote from: "The Chief"
You guys won't believe the improvements I've got in store for next season ;)

Ahh, I'm pretty sure I won't be around for much of next season cuz I'll have a car by then, and well, yeah

I had a car when I was in college.  It got me to my job, which I needed to pay for the gas and insurance on the car.  So I spent my weekends driving to and from work, and working to feed my car, which I wouldn't have needed if not to get to work to pay for my car.

Am I making sense yet?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #26: October 09, 2006, 08:34:30 AM »
My son has joined the Boy Scouts, which for all practical purposes means that I have joined the Boy Scouts also.  One thing about the Scouts, they are not fair weather campers.  All seasons, all weather.  We spent Saturday hiking up White Oak Canyon from the bottom, 3 miles ascending along spectacular waterfalls, including a number that only happen when it rains like crazy for several days, like it did up to and through our hike.

So I plan on spending my fall/winter seasons outdoors.

AuRevoirExpos

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #27: October 11, 2006, 08:13:56 AM »
Soccer (fall/winter in England everyone watches soccer - and I mean everyone!)
Work.
Maybe another holiday, this time in England, and preferably this time with my wife doing the driving!
Going to visit friends in Germany over New Year.
Waiting for my new Nats cap to arrive from Tomterp.  :lol:
Watching the NFL and NHL on TV (usually on around 1am GMT, unsociable hours but we only get one game a week of each so I have to make the most of it)
Probably a few concerts in nearby Manchester.

That's about it  :?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #28: October 11, 2006, 09:00:35 AM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
This actually the time my life kicks into full gear (sorry boys, #1 team in my heart is the New York Rangers) I love hockey, and I'm glad its starting, but I'm very unhappy that nats baseball is ending.

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I hate the Rangers.  I hate the Rangers with a passion that burns and a fire that shall never die.  I'd even root for the <gulp> FLYERS before I'd ever root for the Rangers.  EVER.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #29: October 11, 2006, 09:02:01 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
luckily for my favorite team and sport is whatever season it is.  

the jets look like they'll be ok.

J!
E!
T!
S!

SUCK!  SUCK!  SUCK!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #30: October 11, 2006, 09:11:39 AM »
Now that I am done mocking other teams......

College Hockey - Let's Go Tech!  (Clarkson)   Let's Go Red!   (Cornell)
Pro Hockey - Let's Go Caps!

NFL Football - I have a lot of teams I am enjoying watching this year because I finally got DirecTV and the NFL package.  I have found myself, more often than not, watching and rooting for the Saints.  Call me sentimental, but they deserve it for what they put up with last year.   Besides, my wife's family is comprised of almost entirely Saints fans and the ones that were transplanted New Englanders are Patriots fans first and Saints fans second.  Go SAINTS!

The next couple of months I'll be laboring over which baseball glove to buy my son.  He's only three, but I'd really like to buy him a nice one he can grow into and use if he decides to play little league.  I think the time is right.  

I'll continue to play baseball throughout the cold winter months in upstate New York by playing seasons out on MLB 2k6 for the XBox 360.

I'm working on starting up a golf league in the spring.

Staying in shape for next baseball season (it gets harder every year!).

Oh, and finally learning how to play that guitar.

Should be a long boring winter..........

Thomas

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #31: October 11, 2006, 07:44:29 PM »
Quote from: "nospinzone1"
Quote from: "Thomas"
Well, I'm back into watching the NFL (Go, Stillers!), some NHL, some computer/video games; I may get back in to my Zen practice and martial arts too, and maybe some other exercise.

We'll see. ;-)

stillers?????

Stillers.

That's Pittsburgh-ese for Steelers.

And now you know. ;-)

Offline kimnat

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #32: October 12, 2006, 08:05:48 PM »
Hey Minty!---

I LOVE THE AVATAR!!! :clap:

p.s. come on down for a visit and Dan can give you some good free guitar lessons.  :)  You can bring your little guy too.  TFS would love to have a little guy around the house.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #33: October 13, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »
Thanks Kim!

I labored over which C & H image to use, I came up with that one for now but it may change........

I am coming down in 2008 for the NCAA Hockey Finals and I'm planning on trying to get there for a Nats game for their final season at RFK and then again for their first season in the new place.  I'll definately let y'all know when we're coming.