Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 104717 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Only cause western PA didn't get electricity until the 70's.

Oh, you meant the NINETEEN sixties?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
He thought you meant 1860's...

Oh, you meant the NINETEEN sixties?

Scary...  :D

Offline mitlen

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline DPMOmaha

Anyone catch the new Southwest bridesmaid dancing at weddings?  I got a kick out of it.  She's always a bridesmaid, so always going to weddings flying around. Last year, she dances with the 10 year old who places his hands on her butt, so she has to lift his hands.  This year, again with the weddings, again flying solo, again dancing crazily, then she gets thrown the bouquet and she has this look like "Huh? What?"
I think it's when the guy starts dancing and it's more of a "Oh, you think because I caught the bouquet, I'm desperate? lol" look

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Sure hope they cut off that stupid Buffalo Wild Wings commercial concerning "dating my sister".

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
New #1 annoyance on my list: The healthcare ad with the "Time of My Life" song where the woman tries to jump and be caught by her husband but instead lands on the table. First, I hate that song. Second, every time I hear her say "I came in too hot," I want the doctor to say, "No, you're just fat." (To be fair, so is the character's husband.)

I just saw it tonight, I thought it was funny.

Offline mitlen

Sure hope they cut off that stupid Buffalo Wild Wings commercial concerning "dating my sister".

Missus and I thought it was pretty funny.   

Offline 1995hoo

I just saw it tonight, I thought it was funny.

We thought it was funny the first time or two, but then it got old very quickly. Plus I hate that song.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline mitlen

No more "Super Creepy Rob Lowe" :clap:-rejoice, Milten :mg:

"  ...  popular and highly effective ad campaign  ...  "    I hope that's just happy horse sh** to cover the fact that Lowe is an idiot who hurt DirecTV's sales.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
"  ...  popular and highly effective ad campaign  ...  "    I hope that's just happy horse sh** to cover the fact that Lowe is an idiot who hurt DirecTV's sales.

Actually the article I read said sales went up 25% after his ads started airing :shock: there are apparently a LOT of very easily amused people in this world :lol:

Offline mitlen

Actually the article I read said sales went up 25% after his ads started airing :shock: there are apparently a LOT of very easily amused people in this world :lol:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I think most of them are funny. Once. Maybe twice.

Offline Natsinpwc

They also have lowered their rates in the past few months to more closely match dish TV--I think that's probably a more likely reason for the sales to go up.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Natsinpwc has me on ignore ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

My bad.  Did not read the earlier posts.

Offline mitlen

Can you blame him?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline kimnat

That Taco Bell one tonight was awful!!! Old woman flashing her husband while in the car eating tacos.  Barf!

Online HalfSmokes

the new Mazda ones- some guy came up with a ground breaking invention, look we incorporated it into a Mazda in the same way every other car maker does

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards

I think most of them are funny. Once. Maybe twice.
I agree the first time or two you see it some can be funny, but also some of them are just stupid everytime you see them. Just like those AT&T ads with the cute girl (Milana Vayntrub) some are good the first time or two and some are incredibly stupid every time.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I haven't gotten past Milana Vayntrub to notice. :)

I agree the first time or two you see it some can be funny, but also some of them are just stupid everytime you see them. Just like those AT&T ads with the cute girl (Milana Vayntrub) some are good the first time or two and some are incredibly stupid every time.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Although, the one where the guy in the older couple eating pizza (different commercial) reminisces about his younger wife, that's pretty funny.

That Taco Bell one tonight was awful!!! Old woman flashing her husband while in the car eating tacos.  Barf!