Author Topic: Collapse  (Read 3639 times)

Offline BigMeech

Re: Collapse
« Reply #75: October 13, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
Gonzalez is the one that freaked up this game. He ruined the momentum by nibbling. I hate wussy ass pitchers that are afraid to throw strikes.

I don't want to see Gio do anything else between now and Spring Training outside of working on controlling his pitches.  No parties, no nothing.  His lack of control was the catalyst for the comeback.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #76: October 13, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Michael Morse posted on facebook a few minutes ago:

:clap:

I can only imagine how those guys feel. It's got to be pretty crappy.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #77: October 13, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
:clap:

I can only imagine how those guys feel. It's got to be pretty crappy.

Makes me glad that Drew Storen has a roommate. Wouldn't want him to have been alone, but he can probably take this in stride.

Also he probably needs to delete his twitter for a bit, he's getting some freaking awful death threats from cowards.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #78: October 13, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
Makes me glad that Drew Storen has a roommate. Wouldn't want him to have been alone, but he can probably take this in stride.

Also he probably needs to delete his twitter for a bit, he's getting some freaking awful death threats from cowards.

That's really f'd up.  I'd like to put these giant wusses in a room w/Drew Storen and make them say this to his face......unbelievable.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #79: October 13, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

Unbelievable. What the hell is wrong with people. I've been on the bad end of some losses as a fan, and I never thought about sending a death threat to someone. I don't get that at all.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #80: October 13, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
I'll bet Obama goes down just like Washington because he doesn't use our(this country's) best people to win.

We got Trump weighing in now.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #81: October 13, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Dolan ‏@ActuallyAmDolan
nationels pls

We're being made fun of by a duck, now.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #82: October 13, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »
Which is worse:  our loss or the Reds getting swept in three home games to lose their series after dominating the Giants in the first two games?  The Reds never lost three straight at home all season and they had the second-best record in baseball.

Since I'm not a Reds fan I'd say ours was infinitely worse.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #83: October 13, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
 :whip: We'll be back and better than ever next year nages! :whip:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #84: October 13, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
That's really f'd up.  I'd like to put these giant wusses in a room w/Drew Storen and make them say this to his face......unbelievable.

It would be unfair because it would be two against one since Storen's father would insist on being in the room to lend a helping hand.  :?

All jokes aside, people that do this type of crap are freaking losers. Seeing a couple of punks abuse and threaten some innocent cardinals fans pissed me off. To threaten Storen for his epic meltdown is inexcusable. That just goes to show that it's dumb to generalize about fanbases. All fan bases have morons.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #85: October 13, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
That just goes to show that it's dumb to generalize about fanbases. All fan bases have morons.

...but especially the phillies.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #86: October 13, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
don't folks know that twitter can be traced?  I'm pretty sure using the internet to send death threats is a federal offense. Please FBI / NSA, since you monitor everything, go primitive on some of these jackasses.  You'd get better pub than USADA.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #87: October 13, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
Deaths threats over a baseball game? I am even more behind Drew than I already was when I woke up this morning (I think being pissed last night was pretty natural).

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #88: October 13, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
I was pissed for like five minutes and I was at the game and had a first-hand look. I even had a Cardinals fan right next to me.

No one on the planet is more emotionally invested in this team than me but I'm over it less than 24 hours later. Life goes on.

Here's a trick. Don't read the papers or listen to media coverage. I'm not even talking about it, except on this board. I'm in complete denial.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #89: October 13, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »
Only one team wins the WS, that means that 29 don't.  The fact that we got this far is amazing and not something to take for granted.  Only the most mentally tough can make it through and now we have that toughness.  The fact that we as fans have become this emotionally invested in this team means that this team is worth getting invested in.  Great season, great fans, go nats.  Natitude never sleeps.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #90: October 13, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
Interwebz tough guys SMH

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #91: October 14, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
Still sad.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #92: October 14, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
Still sad.

At least you get a cool avatar.  :?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #93: October 14, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
At least you get a cool avatar.  :?

October is over for the Nationals. Feel free to change.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #94: October 14, 2012, 10:44:23 AM »
October is over for the Nationals. Feel free to change.

Nope.  I'll pay my due penance.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #95: October 14, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Nope.  I'll pay my due penance.
Bless you.