Author Topic: This team is...they....  (Read 3506 times)

Offline kimnat

Re: This team is...they....
« Reply #50: April 22, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
You know this team is ****** when Wily Mo Pena is sitting in the dugout crying.

Please tell me you're exaggerating!

« Reply #51: April 22, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »
Please tell me you're exaggerating!

Nope. Go check the Fire Lenny Harris thread. Link to the story is in there.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #52: April 22, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
I just did.  Geez!!!

Offline natsfan7

• I am the Nationals number seventh fan!
« Reply #53: April 22, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »
Wow......things have gotten really bad.....alot of you people who are saying this team is sh*t are the same people who just a year ago were telling me (a person who naturaly complains about everything) to look foward to the future and belivie in the Plan......things have chang...

THE LERNERS HAVE DONE THIS TO YOU, MY FELLOW NATS FOLLOWERS!!!! THOSE MONSTERS HAVE KILLED ALL OF YOUR SOULS!!!!  I WILL AVENGE YOU ALL!

JK...but honestly, all you people seem really down.....I mean, it's my job to complain and stuff....and you guys are stealing my mojo.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #54: April 22, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »
I haven't given up on drinking the plan kool-aid but also grew up a Cubs fan. :)

They'll turn it around. It's a long season.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #55: April 24, 2008, 12:43:12 AM »
Wily Mo Pena should be ashamed of how he's been hitting. The Nats "meat of the order" (Zimmerman, Johnson and Kearns) have been hitting at or near the Mendoza line, and aren't close to hitting their weight.

All three need to be benched in favor of two Popsicle sticks and a straw.

Seriously though and this needs to be said, Mister Franchise (Zimmerman) needs to wake up to the fact that the season starts at the beginning of April, not in June or July. I'm sorry, but unless the "face of the franchise" gets his act together, he has no business playing at the major league level. He could be prefect with the glove and if he doesn't back it up with the bat, he's useless to the team. The Nats need players who can do the job during both halves of the inning.

IMO, Zimmerman, Johnson and Kearns should be booed off the field and Manny Acta booed along with them for leaving them in there with their useless bats.

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #56: April 24, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
When Zimmerman makes errors in the field like he did against the Mets, it is very hard to justify his place in the team. At the moment its based on how much the franchise has vested in him, his past performance and his reputation, none of which should be legitimate reasons for keeping a player in the lineup at #3 with his production.

Something needs to be done.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #57: April 24, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »
IMO, Zimmerman, Johnson and Kearns should be booed off the field and Manny Acta booed along with them for leaving them in there with their useless bats.

Maybe we put Belliard, Mackowiak and Boone in their stead?  Point being, Manny doesn't have any other cards to play.  Nada.

MrMadison

« Reply #58: April 24, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
Maybe we put Belliard, Mackowiak and Boone in their stead?  Point being, Manny doesn't have any other cards to play.  Nada.

but, but, but...the Pimpage!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #59: April 24, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »

Why don't we start Boone at 3rd and bench Zim? Let him know it's not okay to suck. Maybe his wrist still hurts.