Author Topic: This team is...they....  (Read 3508 times)

This team is...they....
« Topic Start: April 20, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »

MrMadison

Re: This team is...they....
« Reply #1: April 20, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
no, the team is great.

AWESOME team.

best in the Majors.

if 2k6 would just stop making Gameday Threads they'd win every single game by 15 runs.

it's all his fault.  :roll:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2: April 20, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
^ :rofl:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #3: April 20, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
Is that incredible claim and argument at the end of the thread yesterday the reason there isn't a gameday thread today?

2k6, thanks for taking the time out of your day most of the season to create a gameday thread. I'm always glad there is one, and that there are moderators who will create them.

no, the team is great.

AWESOME team.

best in the Majors.

if 2k6 would just stop making Gameday Threads they'd win every single game by 15 runs.

it's all his fault.  :roll:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #4: April 20, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »
This team is just playing awful  - I can live with crappy pitching at times and even crappy hitting at times -but the sloppy, lazy, bad news bears crap on the field is hard to take - The Nats were nothing to write home about last year - but they played hard, scrappy, never say quit baseball every night - maybe I have selective memory because we did suck hard last April - but I remember feeling disappointed - Now I'm disgusted ... which for me - Polly Positive ... is really something ..

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #5: April 20, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »

it's all his fault.  Roll Eyes

are you gonna keep harping on this? now you're doing the exact reverse of what sports fan did. we've moved on to the one loss and you're done method, yet you still continuously bring it up.

MrMadison

« Reply #6: April 20, 2008, 04:20:01 PM »
are you gonna keep harping on this? now you're doing the exact reverse of what sports fan did. we've moved on to the one loss and you're done method, yet you still continuously bring it up.

yeah, I posted this long before the game started. and before a game thread was even made.  you were on the forum, you should have responded to it then instead of 3 hours later.

and a freak lot of good the "new method" has done, we got whupped again.  the team sucks, and who starts the game thread has no bearing on the matter, and the sooner you folks realize it the better.

incidentally, I'm looking for the ranting and raving and blaming you for the loss because you made the game thread, you know...like 2k6 got. I don't see it though. what gives?

I'm done "harping" about it though. you won't hear another word from me about it from here on out.

you want to fry and blame another poster for the team's suckage, then fine. but make sure everyone gets it equally. don't play favorites.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #7: April 20, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Time to crank out the Nationals Awareness Campaign...ribbon pins should be worn at Nationals Park.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #8: April 20, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »
yeah, I posted this long before the game started. and before a game thread was even made.  you were on the forum, you should have responded to it then instead of 3 hours later.

and a freak lot of good the "new method" has done, we got whupped again.  the team sucks, and who starts the game thread has no bearing on the matter, and the sooner you folks realize it the better.

incidentally, I'm looking for the ranting and raving and blaming you for the loss because you made the game thread, you know...like 2k6 got. I don't see it though. what gives?

I'm done "harping" about it though. you won't hear another word from me about it from here on out.

you want to fry and blame another poster for the team's suckage, then fine. but make sure everyone gets it equally. don't play favorites.
crap, if today's thread was ANY indication, then AZ should never, EVER start a gameday thread again.  That was one of the worst suckfests in recent memory.

« Reply #9: April 20, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
To reiterate, see Original Post of this thread.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #10: April 20, 2008, 05:50:37 PM »
This team is garbage.  They're all garbage.

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #11: April 20, 2008, 06:05:32 PM »
We just need a spark. Someone to hit and hopefully it will rub off on the rest of them.

*Thinks of possible sparks*

-Dropping Zimmerman down the order
-The return of Dukes
-The return of Young (Not sure myself, but we are pretty desperate)
-Firing Lenny Harris

But this team seems content just to wait for this funk to end, and they all seem pretty sure they will magically get it together soon. Again after a 6-1 defeat and another series loss, we hear the same old crap about how its getting better, we had some chances, it will come and we will start taking these chances blah blah blah.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #12: April 20, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »
But this team seems content just to wait for this funk to end, and they all seem pretty sure they will magically get it together soon.
Taking their cue from the manager; absolutely no sense of urgency.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #13: April 20, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
*Thinks of possible sparks*

-The return of Dukes

Doubtful.  See Pena, Wily Mo. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #14: April 20, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

-The return of Dukes
-The return of Young (Not sure myself, but we are pretty desperate)

Dukes has at least two more weeks. Young, who knows....

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #15: April 20, 2008, 06:40:26 PM »

Dukes has at least two more weeks. Young, who knows....

where are these reports of dukes having at least 2 more weeks until he returns?! one week ago, nationals.com reported that dukes return was "near". i wouldn't call 3 weeks (at that time) "near".

halz7

« Reply #16: April 20, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »
they're killing me :bang:, there winning intil the last inning and BAM they lose.uhh the pain,but i love'um
go NATS :woop:

« Reply #17: April 20, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
where are these reports of dukes having at least 2 more weeks until he returns?! one week ago, nationals.com reported that dukes return was "near". i wouldn't call 3 weeks (at that time) "near".

Yeah, you were spewing in one thread that he would be back this series with the Marlins. :roll:

Dukes isn't going to be some hero on a white horse that is going to ride in here and suddenly jolt this offense, defense, bullpen, starting rotation, coaching staff, and front office. He is just as inexperienced and unproven as the rest of our "freakishly athletic and exciting outfield."

Until he actually does something, I could give a crap if he comes back tomorrow or two weeks from now. This team has problems and it's going to take more than Elijah Dukes to solve them.

And forget Young. He is finished.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #18: April 20, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
nice with the curly w, but we dont have indians hats!!!

lol, mm i just wonder what our record will be in the summer

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #19: April 20, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »
It took 3 IPAs to even begin getting over this game!  Ughh!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #20: April 20, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »
Well at least they play a similarly hopeless rabble next, before facing the big boys at de-facto away games at home  :?

Offline natsdad

« Reply #21: April 20, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
Play the bench tomorrow.
It can't be any worse.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #22: April 20, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »
Haven't seen you post before. Sorry the desperation drove you to it. Keep coming back!

they're killing me :bang:, there winning intil the last inning and BAM they lose.uhh the pain,but i love'um
go NATS :woop:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #23: April 21, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
WOAH Gburg!  What an avi!! Squirrels auNaturale

Offline kimnat

« Reply #24: April 21, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
I'm really sad watching our guys!  I'll never desert the team, but the play is rather pathetic and disheartening.  It's painful to watch, must be about that bad to play.  It can't stay this bad all season, can it?

Come on Nats!!  PLAY BALL!!  Pleeeaaase?????  We're here rootin' for ya'!