Author Topic: This team still seems to be poorly prepared  (Read 3277 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Hell, I revise almost every damn post I make. I just do it very quickly. Usually. :D

Ya know, I typed that and realized I was wasting my time even "discussing" it further   ....   thus "remove".

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Hell, I revise almost every damn post I make. I just do it very quickly. Usually. :D

I'm pretty adept at the ninja thing.    I "revise and extend" my comments (good enough for Congress, good enough for me) all the time.   In this case, I simply removed the comment  ....   bailed out.     There was no sense wasting anymore key strokes.   :)

Offline PC

I don't want to get into the ugly particulars but this performance was disturbing on so many levels.  It truly was as if they'd never seen or played baseball before in their lives.

And don't give us the bullcrap that they "can't hit soft throwing lefties" because everybody else abuses these kind of pitchers.  There is something deeply wrong with this team, somewhere.

Offline BigMeech

The LOD has been right about this team since Game 5 in 2012.

Offline BuckyHarris

• Waiting for 1924
Amazing...rereading this thread, you'd think it began last night, not three weeks ago.

Is there a record for most games lost in the first inning?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Amazing...rereading this thread, you'd think it began last night, not three weeks ago.

Is there a record for most games lost in the first inning?

Whatever that record is, we're probably on pace to smash it.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I have a hunch that this is the game the Nats wake from this early-inning slumber.

Offline PC

Embarrassing.  Utterly embarrassing.

Offline Ray D

By what process does the  team get prepared? Nevermind spring training preparing them for the season, I mean preparation to play against a specific team.  Used to be, there would be a team meeting before each series to go over batters and hitter.  I don't know about Williams but we were told that Davey almost never held team meetings (maybe one in all of 2012).  So how is the preparation carried out if there aren't meetings.  Anyone know if Williams holds meetings for purpose of preparation.  Do the assistant coaches hold the meeting?

Offline PC

Ray is talking about not making adjustments again.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Stood out to me as well.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Good. I pointed that out several times in last night's GDT.

Offline nats2playoffs

Yes, Estrada was pitching outside the plate the whole game.  Ray Knight observed that not one Nationals batter moved closer to the plate, (to center the pitch more.)  Ray said Estrada might have started missing because of the reaction, if he tried to throw further inside. 

We saw this last night.  The Brewers' batters adjusted to stop swinging at the junk Jordan Zimmermann was throwing. They started hitting.

Matt Williams = Manny Acta. He watches the game and then comments on what happened when it's over.  He will not tell the batters to make adjustments during the game.  All of his experience is useless, if he keeps it to himself.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
The offense is back to being unable to cash in with runners on. they work a pitcher, get a couple guys on, then fail to do anything.