Author Topic: Thom Loverro - Worst Tweet Ever  (Read 1788 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Thom Loverro - Worst Tweet Ever
« Reply #25: May 01, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
[...]It never ceases to amaze me that someone can get paid to do nothing but cover sports and they can know so little.

The position qualifications for an on-air spot at AM-980 really aren't all that onerous - just espouse the burgundy-and-gold-ueber-alles agenda and you've got the job.

Also, AM-980 still carries the Orioles - it's probably station policy not to give Nats too much positive play lest Angelos take his team elsewhere next time the radio contract opens up. ('The Team' doesn't carry much in the way of live local sports as it is - assuming one deems the Orioles a 'local' team - apart from the Redskins and a few college teams; they never have carried the Nationals, and the Capitals and Wizards have long since bid The Team auf Wiedersehen and moved elsewhere along the dial.)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #26: May 01, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
It's definitely the latter and not the former unless he's ever weighted over 450lbs since covering the Nats.

That guy looks like he weighs 400 pounds

Offline Bloo

« Reply #27: May 01, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
Wow.  Ridiculous.  Tell, me, Thom, which is the symptom you're seeing?  The SLG that's 60 points below average?  Gee, sure, maybe - what about the OBP that's 20 points higher?  :roll:

And if he's got PTSD, what's Espinosa got? Asperger's? Severe agorophobia? 

He's just not hitting for power yet, much like the rest of this team.  The problem of this offense is simple.  Too many K's, not enough power.  Turn a couple of K's into HR's and it's a different team.

Loverro literally makes me want to break things.
Didn't Steve Carlton have Aspergers?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #28: May 01, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »
That guy looks like he weighs 400 pounds

He definitely looks like he needs to shave. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #29: May 01, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
I know just the person for that job.

The position qualifications for an on-air spot at AM-980 really aren't all that onerous - just espouse the burgundy-and-gold-ueber-alles agenda and you've got the job.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #30: May 01, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
I know just the person for that job.

Unfortunately I don't think they could meet my salary requirements.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #31: May 01, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »
and his bat is only a plus away from first (and left on a normal NL team). He's worth 100 million as a third baseman, at first, not so much

He's worth even less on the DL, which he can't seem to stay off of.

Offline RL04

« Reply #32: May 01, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
The position qualifications for an on-air spot at AM-980 really aren't all that onerous - just espouse the burgundy-and-gold-ueber-alles (plus Maryland) agenda and you've got the job.

This.