16 (13.4%)
One of the best in MLB
45 (37.8%)
I'm a moran and I don't like Charlie and Dave
4 (3.4%)
They're just ok
9 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler  (Read 52032 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Re: Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler
« Reply #300: July 05, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »
Another request! I think it was in the top of the sixth (July 4), but there was a fantastic stretch of 3-4 minutes where Charlie and Dave talked about really, really bad 1960s TV shows, culminating in Charlie explaining the plot of the worst sitcom of all time, My Mother the Car. Would love this clip.

Here's the intro music to My Mother the Car:

Is there a way to get the 1 minute and 46 seconds of my life back that I spent watching this? :D

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #301: July 05, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
Is there a way to get the 1 minute and 46 seconds of my life back that I spent watching this? :D
My father actually watched the series when it aired. He was 10 years old.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #302: July 05, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
Remind me on google chat or something later tonight (after 10 pm my time) so I remember to grab 'em.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #303: July 05, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
I'm sure this one has been posted before but in honor of his huge game yesterday, this is the call Charlie made when Ramos completed that huge 2 out bottom of the 9th rally with a 3 run shot in Seattle two years ago.  First half of the video is the MASN broadcast but the second half is all Charlie.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=16151741

One of my favorites.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #304: July 31, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »
Apparently there's a guy who is the son of the chief engineer of the radio broadcast taking questions to give to Charlie and Dave for a psuedo AMA over on /r/Nationals on reddit.  I guess he's the son of the Jack of All Things :lol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Nationals/comments/1jfmd9/possible_radio_team_ama/

Offline saltydad

« Reply #305: August 01, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
How does reddit differ from tweeting? I'm a dinosaur with this stuff.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #306: August 01, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »
Reedit has many "subreddits" sort of like different sections of a newspaper.  You can subscribe to which ones interest you.  Users submit content to a subreddit, and users can "upvote" or "downvote."  If a post gets up voted, it moves higher on the list and eventually the "front page."  If it gets down votes, it goes lower.

Some things I subscribe to:

/r/Nationals
/r/frugal (about being frugal to save money)
/r/EatCheapandHealthy (cheap healthy meal ideas)
/r/wow (World of Warcraft)
/r/TopGear (about the Top Gear TV show)
/r/Discgolf

There are hundreds of subreddits on all kinds of topics.  You can also discuss posts in the comments.  Not always the best thing in some su reddits like /r/politics and /r/worldnews.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #307: August 01, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »
Adding onto Nathan's post, it differs from Twitter where you're subscribing to different topics rather than specific users you might follow. It's a lot like a forum like this one where you can discuss just about anything other than the Nationals. Much closer to WNFF than Twitter, in my opinion really. Although you can discuss the Nationals too.

The toughest thing for me starting out was getting used to the comment section, more specifically the indentation of child comments to parent comments. It can be tough to discern at first.

Any way, saltydad, if you have a question for Charlie and Dave you should go there and hit the "Reply" button just before everyone else's comments start, and a box to type your question in will appear. If you need more help just post here.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #308: August 01, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »
I'm sure this one has been posted before but in honor of his huge game yesterday, this is the call Charlie made when Ramos completed that huge 2 out bottom of the 9th rally with a 3 run shot in Seattle two years ago.  First half of the video is the MASN broadcast but the second half is all Charlie.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=16151741

One of my favorites.

Dave Sims still has the best call of that Home Run.

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #310: August 02, 2013, 12:25:54 AM »
100%

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=16146023

Two days later, Riggs rage quits and we get our own mini Riggleman forum for a day or two.

Aw. The memories.

Offline Tim Cullen

« Reply #311: August 02, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »
Anyone know of a link to Charlie's call of Zimm's walkoff last Friday night?  I was listening to the game while walking the dog and yelled pretty loud.  I'm sure I scared someone in the neighborhood.   :lol:

Also, it was pretty funny at the Fan Appreciation Day last Saturday.  Dave's name on his name card was spelled wrong (Jageler, not Dave) and he said "I've been here 8 years and they can't get it right".

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #312: August 29, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »
LOL

Charlie and Dave are just killing it tonight - talking about New England and New York accents and how Dave grew up in Connecticut and managed somehow to have no accent

Hilarious

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #313: February 03, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
Nationals bump Phillies off Harrisburg's new sports radio station: http://www.pennlive.com/senators/index.ssf/2015/02/nationals_bump_phillies_off_ha.html

:lmao:  Suck it, Phillies. This gives the Nats pretty good radio coverage in South-Central PA, something that should really help grow the fanbase as this is their first affiliate in that state.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #314: February 03, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
I don't know this for a fact, but I'll bet there's a 50KW station in Lancaster or somewhere nearby that also broadcasts the Phillies.

Nationals bump Phillies off Harrisburg's new sports radio station: http://www.pennlive.com/senators/index.ssf/2015/02/nationals_bump_phillies_off_ha.html

:lmao:  Suck it, Phillies. This gives the Nats pretty good radio coverage in South-Central PA, something that should really help grow the fanbase as this is their first affiliate in that state.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #315: February 03, 2015, 07:13:54 PM »
I don't know this for a fact, but I'll bet there's a 50KW station in Lancaster or somewhere nearby that also broadcasts the Phillies.

Appears Philly has 4 and Pittsburgh 1 (in PA).    Flagship (WPHT) is listed as 50KW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_50_kW_AM_radio_stations_in_the_United_States

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #316: February 03, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
Appears Philly has 4 and Pittsburgh 1 (in PA).    Flagship (WPHT) is listed as 50KW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_50_kW_AM_radio_stations_in_the_United_States
Yep.  Can pick up WPHT 1210 up and down the East Coast.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #317: February 04, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »

Makes sense since the Harrisburg area is home to minor league affiliates of both the Nationals and the Capitals.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #318: February 04, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
Quote from: 8 People
They're just ok

Make the poll public. NAME NAMES

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #319: February 04, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »
Where was he going? What was he thinking?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #320: February 05, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
"Where was he going? What was he thinking?"

Sounds like Arch McDonald on Nats OF Gil "Get Goin' With" Coan, who went first to third on a hit&run caught for a long out. Coan took a short-cut back by running between the mound and 2B. McDonald was no screamer, but legend says that he shouted, "Go back! Where's he going? What's he thinking? He can't do that! NO!"

(For "historical succession", Coan more or less replaced George Case as the Nats' speed guy in the late '40s. Then was traded about 1953 or '54 to the ex-Browns for Roy Sievers...AL home run champ in 1957 and every Washington kid's favorite player. Gil Coan's stats here: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/coangi01.shtml . Our Roy's stats:http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sievero01.shtml )

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #321: February 05, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
I got a sweet boom box for Xmas just so I can listen to C&D on the deck this summer. Can't wait.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #322: February 08, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
I got a sweet boom box for Xmas just so I can listen to C&D on the deck this summer. Can't wait.

What's a boom box?

:old:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #323: February 08, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »
What's a boom box?

:old:

Yeah, the only thing I listen to on it is the Nats games. I'm too cheap to pay for MLB audio or whatever. And the boom box does have bluetooth so I do listen to all kinds of 21st century stuff like Spotify and Pandora on it. 8)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #324: February 08, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »
$14 for At Bat to be able to listen no matter where you are?

AtBat is the best deal going.

Yeah, the only thing I listen to on it is the Nats games. I'm too cheap to pay for MLB audio or whatever. And the boom box does have bluetooth so I do listen to all kinds of 21st century stuff like Spotify and Pandora on it. 8)