Author Topic: Google Thread  (Read 41938 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Google Thread
« Reply #375: November 22, 2010, 04:12:42 AM »
Shrug.  You should know by now that I don't really care.  I just like to needle people.  The difference you're overlooking, though, is that it's still very possible to avoid Facebook.  It might get you some weird looks, but that's about it.  It's pretty much impossible not to use or be used by ANY Google products.  Even if you avoid their end-user products - which would take a pretty deliberate effort - there's basically zero chance that you can avoid being tracked by them.  So many sites use adsense, adwords, analytics, etc.  You'd basically have to never use the internet or a cell phone again.

People GIVE facebook information.  Google TAKES it.

I agree with this 100%. People don't have a choice to use Google at this point. You have a choice, but the superiority of their product is such that you don't. Further, with Google Ads everywhere on the Internet, people actually don't have a choice. Any site you go on Google likely has it's webs in.

Whereas Facebook, I still don't use it, don't ever plan on using it, hell, I still don't understand what it's about. A place to post pictures and crap? How it isn't an inferior, meaning with fewer features, version of MySpace which did it all years before Facebook I don't get. But then again, I don't use it, so don't know and don't care to know. Google is such a dominating presence there is no avoiding it.