Author Topic: Pitching Matchups - Milwaukee series  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Pitching Matchups - Milwaukee series
« Topic Start: July 13, 2005, 01:14:55 PM »
In the first game, it will be Livan Hernandez against lefty Doug Davis. In game two, it will be Esteban Loaiza against Ben Sheets. On Saturday, the Nats send John Patterson up against lefty Chris Capuano. As for the final game in the series, I'm going to assume that the Brewers will continue using the same rotation they had going into the All Star break and send Victor Santos to the mound against the Nats Ryan Drese on Sunday.

The Nats hitters will be facing alternately two lefties and two right handers in the series. Man, its been so long, I forget what its like to have two lefties in the rotation.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1: July 13, 2005, 01:22:59 PM »
so our 2nd-half rotation is:

Livan
Loaiza
Patterson
Drese
Armas

??

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: July 13, 2005, 01:36:09 PM »
From what I've seen online in regards to probable/projected starters, yes. But remember, I'm guessing that Drese gets the nod on Sunday over Armas. Until the starters are announced, it could turn out to be Armas on Sunday. If Armas goes pitch on Sunday, I'll almost be expecting a trade for a (lefty?) starter to insert in his spot in the rotation. That, at least to me, is the only way I can see Armas starting in this series. But I've been wrong before, so we'll see...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: July 13, 2005, 01:37:39 PM »
Somebody on the other board was speculating Ohka versus Drese.  This would be a great matchup!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #4: July 13, 2005, 02:06:48 PM »
Ohka versus Drese is very possible, but I cant see it happening. Why would they change their rotation, its not as though they want to rub the trade in our faces. Maybe the fans are doing some wishful thinking. With Spivey out for possibly the rest of the season, their doing so would show bad sportsmanship. It could happen, but I cant see them doing it to rub our noses in it...

DCHardball

Re: Pitching Matchups - Milwaukee series
« Reply #5: July 13, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »
The Nats hitters will be facing alternately two lefties and two right handers in the series. Man, its been so long, I forget what its like to have two lefties in the rotation.[/quote]

We don't even know what it's like to have an extra lefty in the pen.  That's why I am all for picking up Stanton.  If we are fortunate enough to make the postseason those lefty-lefty matchups become very, very important.  Hopefully he has something left in the tank unless he ends up with the Cards that is.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: July 13, 2005, 06:06:13 PM »
We all now know that Stanton signed with the Nationals and will be part if the Nats roster that heads to Milwaukee for the weekend. The Nats now have 5 starters and 7 relievers, with Kim being able to make an occasional start, that's a nice luxury to have.

I'm guessing (seems as though I've been doing a lot of that lately) that if the Nats do acquire Wilson, that Matt Cepicky gets sent back to New Orleans. With the plan (if the deal ever gets done) to have Wilkerson play 1B while Johnson is on the DL. That means the Nats will eventually (once Nick is back) have a very solid bench (Please Lord, have Willie-Wontie retire) and that will help in the long haul.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #7: July 13, 2005, 07:09:57 PM »
haha, ohka sucks. hopefully drese stays the way hes been and shuts down the other team, ohka shouldnt be too bad to hit against.

if we acquire wilson, our bench will be great.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #8: July 13, 2005, 07:16:12 PM »
Have you noticed, that since he's been traded, his 5 walks per game mysteriously disappeared? I'm starting to wonder if maybe he might have been walking batters on purpose in order to get himself traded.

bumsfan4

« Reply #9: July 14, 2005, 09:55:07 AM »
Patterson goes today; Livan tomorrow.
_____

Lets go Nationals!

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #10: July 14, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »
Quote from: "bumsfan4"
_____

Lets go Nationals!

Pretty shocking news. :shock:

But Patterson is so unlucky, it's not even funny...he gives 1,2,3 runs at max and still he doesn't get runs support so it kinda suck....he deserves better.Doesn't he?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #11: July 14, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »
Quote from: "bumsfan4"

CBS Sportsline, MLB.com, USA Today all have Livan starting tomorrow.

Sports Illustrated, ESPN, RotoWorld, Yahoo and Fox Sports have him pitching on Saturday, with Loaiza going tomorrow.

I wonder who's right?

krafty81

« Reply #12: July 14, 2005, 11:21:57 PM »
Why is LIvan not pitching Fri?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #13: July 14, 2005, 11:49:35 PM »
Livan is pitching on Friday according to the Nats web site