Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168357 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #825: November 30, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »
The Stuart Little geek is now some jacked dude. But he still looks goofy.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #826: December 03, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
cmd and i saw safe house last night ... good flick.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #827: December 03, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »

New Star Trek poster. Looking forward to the movie.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #828: December 03, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
Can't wait. First one was fantastic.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #829: December 03, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
Just watched "Searching for Sugar Man"...great stuff. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #830: December 03, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
Saw "Casablanca" for the first time on Saturday.    Pretty good flick  ....    :doh:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #831: December 03, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

New Star Trek poster. Looking forward to the movie.

Synopsis:

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

"Detonated?"  Dafuq?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #832: December 03, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »
Uh.

It's a Star Trek movie that's not IN SPACE?!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #833: December 03, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Uh.

It's a Star Trek movie that's not IN SPACE?!
Was about to say. Better have awesome space battles and whatnot.

However, I will admit that a lot of the movies didn't involve copious amounts of space. Hell, even one of the most popular movies (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home) barely took place in space. Star Trek: First Contact, the most popular movie, also spent a significant amount of time on/orbiting Earth, and it's considered one of the best. It's hard to do the full romantic space jig in a feature film format.

But really I just want a new Star Trek show... Even Enterprise was good after the second season. But I think 18 years of continuous Star Trek (1987-2005) and the fact that the last show as cancelled after 4 seasons does seem to say that a new Star Trek series won't be produced for a long while...

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #834: December 03, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »
Star trek should be in space, not battlefield earth, but it's one of those franchise (along with Bond and star wars) where I'm going to see every release (then again, I never really watched most of the tv series, so I dont have the burnout factor)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #835: December 03, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »
Hey, I'm hoping they take it to space. But I'm not to give up on it just because it isn't.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #836: December 03, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
get going on Cloverfield 2 plz, k, thx

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #837: December 03, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
He didn't do the first one. Why would he do the second one?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #838: December 03, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »
Vampire Hunter.

I have to agree. It was awful... and it wasn't even so bad it was funny, either.
I have to disagree a little. As far as action movies goes, I think it was a decent action movie, I liked some of the effects and it was interesting to see how they tied vampires into real history. I give it 2.5-3 out of 5 stars.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #839: December 04, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »
He didn't do the first one. Why would he do the second one?

J.J. Abrams produced Cloverfield.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #840: December 04, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
CMD doesn't like bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises. 

CMD is weird.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #841: December 04, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »
I know Abrams produced it... But you can do a lot of work on the movie without the producer being around.

Bill Murray signed on for Ghostbusters 3. So it's a go.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #842: December 04, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
I know Abrams produced it... But you can do a lot of work on the movie without the producer being around.

:gunz:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #843: December 04, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »

Yeah but Abrams has been quoted numerous times to saying he has thought about doing C2 and and is on board with working on it soon.  Just wish they'd hurry up.

awesome.  haha I was watching GB after the Redskins win last night. 

I hope they don't go the route of Jonah Hill/Seth Rogen/Vince Vaughn/etc (The Watch) ...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #844: December 04, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »
I thought the original cast was coming back?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #845: December 04, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »
I thought the original cast was coming back?

there was talk they would make an appearance and be mentors to a new cast of ghostbusters, but i've also heard ideas that they'd bring the regular guys back and just pick up the story years later (which i hope is the way they go).

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #846: December 04, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
there was talk they would make an appearance and be mentors to a new cast of ghostbusters, but i've also heard ideas that they'd bring the regular guys back and just pick up the story years later (which i hope is the way they go).
I've got a better idea. Movie people should start coming up with original ideas instead of zombifying old '80s stuff to make a quick buck off of nostalgia. But that won't happen because movie people have no originality left.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #847: December 04, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
I've got a better idea. Movie people should start coming up with original ideas instead of zombifying old '80s stuff to make a quick buck off of nostalgia. But that won't happen because movie people have no originality left.

they've been thinking of doing a third GB for years.  agreed on your point, but this isn't like that.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #848: December 04, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
they've been thinking of doing a third GB for years.  agreed on your point, but this isn't like that.

at least a decade or so.

Bill Murray was the only thing stopping GB3 from being made.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #849: December 04, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »

Oh hell yes. Hell freaking yes. Murray has always been the 'jerk' who kept this from being made. It shows the integrity of the others that they didn't say, 'he's one guy, its been 20 years, he died, don't need Murray.' I know to get around Murray, he had agreed he'd come back only as a ghost of some kind. Hopefully that's moot now, we need all four, alive and well. Almost thirty damned years waiting for this movie.

I'd started to think the videogame a few years back was as close as we'd ever get, with them reprising their voices. And the Murray jerk comment? Growing up he was by far an idol of mine, loved every film he did. Then he went 'indie', only when the check came for Garfield, one of the worst films ever, he's not too good to accept it. Ghostbusters is bigger than Murray, it will be what he is remembered for in a hundred years time. That he's 99% why this movie didn't get done five years ago is infuriating. We should/could be looking at GB4 now instead of 3...? Grr.

Much as Ghostbusters is a big thing to a lot of folks, for me it holds a special place. Born in 1983, the first was before my time and regardless, Ghostbusters wasn't the huge franchise spectacle then. But the second? Man, I was right at that age of realizing a world exists outside, and for the first there wasn't the anticipation and insanity as the second. Every damn day I'd watch that cartoon. I remember going to NYC with my parents a year after the second came out, praying I'd see the Ectomobile out on the hunt. I believe this film alone is 100% of the reason I grew up obsessed with horror and supernatural fiction. Growing up in those years, you had little choice. It was basically TMNT and Ghostbusters. The former you grow out of, but Ghostbusters impacted my tastes in fiction permanently. As soon as Ghostbusters died down, the Goosebumps RL Stein craze hit. While that also played a part, it never would have if not for Ghostbusters.