Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 4  (Read 23408 times)

Offline EdStroud

Re: Nationals vs. Pirates, Game 4
« Reply #550: May 21, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »
the victory has sent me in to a state of dyslexia
All nightgood

Offline PC

« Reply #551: May 21, 2009, 09:53:06 PM »
My 10 year old dog died right after Hanrahan got the final strikeout. He had been battling some messed up heart/blood vessels for the better part of 2 weeks and died minutes after the Nats finally won.

Sorry to hear about that.

...but he died with a smile.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #552: May 21, 2009, 09:56:23 PM »
My 10 year old dog died right after Hanrahan got the final strikeout. He had been battling some messed up heart/blood vessels for the better part of 2 weeks and died minutes after the Nats finally won.

He gave his life and his spirit gave new life to the Natinals...

R.I.P., doggie

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #553: May 21, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #554: May 21, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »
Why the hell is this stickied?

Sorry about the badnews, UMD. :(

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #555: May 21, 2009, 11:36:26 PM »

i'm so sorry man.  at least he left with a nats win. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #556: May 21, 2009, 11:43:18 PM »
got back from the game probably 45 minutes ago or so, what a great night all around.  stammen was FANTASTIC his first 6 innings.  it was amazing.  7th inning he was a totally different pitcher and of course at the time I was pretty ticked, but thinking back, you can't really ask for a better debut. 

i like the kid and his approach.  the 2-seam fastball sinker reminds me of shawn hill (yes when healthy).  he works quickly, throws strikes (@ one point he had thrown 30 strikes, 10 balls ... then 50 strikes, 20 balls) and has a deceptive delivery.  some major league hitters are going to figure him out, but he could very well have what it takes to be a #5 starter as long as his other pitches develop.  btw, i can't get over how good his 2-seamer is.

the offense started hot then cooled off, but our boys came through in the 8th.  kearns was predictably worthless, guz and nj did their job, ryan zimmerman got a huge pop before and after his hit (the kid is an all-star) and dunn came through in the clutch. 

hanrahan was impressive tonight.  yeah he had his moments that had me biting my nails and finishing off a beer that i had killed hours before, but he did his job and i hope he gets some confidence from this b/c he's gonna be here.

the crowd was loud and then proud after the game.  a good group at the bullpen to follow the win, i was very impressed.  all in all a good win and a great night. 

hammondsnats moves to 6-2 in gameday threads and would love a thread start against the d-bag o's this weekend.  have a good night ladies and gentlemen of natstown. :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #557: May 21, 2009, 11:45:12 PM »
JZ vs Rich Hill tomorrow. don't be scared

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #558: May 21, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »
JZ vs Rich Hill tomorrow. don't be scared

hahaha i know dude.  i've been giving my middle brother - the o's fan - so much crap.  rich hill is an NL pitcher trying to make it in the AL and he's gonna get shelled. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #559: May 22, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »

wow, my sincere condolences. what kind of dog? my chocolate lab died in September at 14 years old, basically of old age and he had diabetes which took a toll on him. easily the most devastating day of my life. i've got a new chocolate lab now.

*sorry about that sob story, carry on...

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #560: May 22, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »
wow, my sincere condolences. what kind of dog? my chocolate lab died in September at 14 years old, basically of old age and he had diabetes which took a toll on him. easily the most devastating day of my life. i've got a new chocolate lab now.

*sorry about that sob story, carry on...

norfolk terrier. he started to suffer from a ruptured blood vessel near his heart or something and had a hard time breathing (he was always panting) like last week after chasing a deer. its strange, i came home from school and he was fine, 3 days later, he's got a fatal issue. luckily i accepted the fact that he was dead a couple days ago, but it's still really rough. we're moving his crate and bowl and everything saturday (my sister's college graduation is tomorrow...talk about timing) so that will be weird coming into the house and not seeing all that there. we won't be getting another dog and i won't get my own until I am on my own and have a solid situation to raise one. that might be a while.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #561: May 22, 2009, 06:39:46 AM »
hahaha i know dude.  i've been giving my middle brother - the o's fan - so much crap.  rich hill is an NL pitcher trying to make it in the AL and he's gonna get shelled. 

hill's from my area :)