Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1  (Read 36259 times)

Offline aussienatsfan

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #225: September 16, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »
i'll never get those 2 and a half hours back, freak you nats

Offline PC

« Reply #226: September 16, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »
As much as we were ripping John Lannan today, this loss wasn't anywhere near his fault.  I'm so conflicted now.  John Lannan was terrible tonight (with a quality start) but there was almost nothing he could have done for the team to win this game.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #227: September 16, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
I really wish I had some frozen pizza right now, will prob have to go for the MNC.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #228: September 16, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
I really wish I had some frozen pizza right now,

I just ate one of those.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #229: September 16, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »
I really wish I had some frozen pizza right now, will prob have to go for the MNC.

The frozen pizza from Costco is the best, seriously.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #230: September 16, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »
Yesterday was just a fluke. Our offense still sucks.  Pitching has been good the last several games, esp. the bullpen.  Lannan and Maya both got lucky tonight. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #231: September 16, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
looks like i picked a good game to miss.  Lannan might be our worst pitcher right now.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #232: September 16, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
CO Peeps aught to be able to comment onw the whole the J N B thang.

It's a bit more interesting than this game right now. :(

What you wanna know?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #233: September 17, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »
4-9 against the Marlins this year. Same old crap, will we ever turn the tides vs them?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #234: September 17, 2011, 07:11:27 AM »
Alex Ovechkin is at Orioles Park tonight, throwing out the first pitch, presumably.  DISGUSTING Ted Leonsis!!!  >:(

Capitals are playing a pre-season match at Baltimore this coming Tuesday (being much hyped as the 'Baltimore Hockey Classic') vs those arch-rivals of ours, the Nashville Predators.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #235: September 17, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
Is Ovechkin left handed?

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #236: September 17, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
Is Ovechkin left handed?

Not sure about throwing or writing, but in hockey he shoots righty.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #237: September 17, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
Need hot chick pics.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #238: September 17, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »
Announced attendance was 22,932 but I'd say it was 15k tops in actual attendance (was there a rumour that Strasburg's start would be moved to last night?) - weather like last night's is not good for baseball attendance, at least hereabouts.

The Metro ride home was less onerous than originally thought - they seemed to be running frequent Blue and Yellow line trains from L'Enfant and there was one waiting when I got there (since I go to Pentagon City I can use both) - quite a few people were (not surprisingly) confused and thought a Yellow line train might actually be Orange etc. One problem though is that the nearer of the two escalators to the platform from which you'll exit your Green line train from the ballpark is having work done, so only one of the three escalators down to the Blue/Orange platform was functioning - fortunately there's another set of escalators further out.

Only logistical problem was going to the ballpark - thanks to late-running buses in Arlington I barely made it to the Scoreboard Walk in time for my $5 pre-match Urquell.

On my way out of the ballpark I noticed that the Left Field gate (my usual entry point) had re-opened following its 9/11 weekend closure, and I asked a yellow-jacketed steward there (there were no other staff around) as to whether that gate had indeed re-opened for pre-match entry as usual. I may as well have been asking him - in German - about whether he thinks the relative conservatism of Portuguese verb conjugations compared to those of French and Spanish would, combined with Strasburg's strike-out totals, would have a long-term effect on the relative sxchange rates of the Burmese kyat and the South Sudanese pound. After constantly re-iterating the opening times of the gate - which I have known since day one - I finally got out of him that the gate was indeed re-opened as before. Whatever their crowd-control skills, the sharpest knives in the drawer those lot are not.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #239: September 17, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
Baltimore is the front line against Flyers territory
Alex Ovechkin is at Orioles Park tonight, throwing out the first pitch, presumably.  DISGUSTING Ted Leonsis!!!  >:(