Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 38647 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Topic Start: September 05, 2008, 12:54:58 AM »
First Pitch: 7:35 PM EST

TV: MASN (HD), MY20 (HD)

Radio: 107.7 FM, 1500 AM

(54-87) 5th Place NL East

Harris - LF
Guzman - SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Casto - 1B
Langerhans - RF
Bernadina - CF
Nieves - C
Bonifacio - 2B
Bergmann - P

SP: Jason Bergmann (2-10, 4.83 ERA)

(61-80) 4th Place NL East

Anderson - CF
Johnson - 2B
Jones - 3B
McCann - C
Escobar - SS
Kotchman - 1B
Francoeur - RF
Jones - LF
Jurrjens - P

SP: Jair Jurrjens (11-9, 3.59 ERA)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Reply #1: September 05, 2008, 07:42:08 AM »
bump

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2: September 05, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
Sorry about bumping up the last thread.  When someone implied that Terrell Owens played in the NFL in the 1980's, I just have to say something.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: September 05, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
Sorry about bumping up the last thread.  When someone implied that Terrell Owens played in the NFL in the 1980's, I just have to say something.

lol I noticed that too but I'm sure the poster meant to say Jerry Rice.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: September 05, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »
Tropical Storm Hannan is getting closer (Moving North at 20MPH).

« Reply #5: September 05, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
Wilmington makes the weather map!

We've had a bit of rain down here so far but about an hour ago it stopped and sun came out of the clouds blazing with a lot of humidity. Overcast now. Not expecting the bulk of it until tomorrow morning but the good news is Wilmington won't take the brunt of it, but Raleigh might get it's full wrath.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #6: September 05, 2008, 03:57:35 PM »

No worries.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #7: September 05, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
HUGE EFFING SMILEY

Jeez, at least anti-alias that pixelated monster a little! :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #8: September 05, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »

What has the world come to when people can't even express their dislike of aliases without hyphenating to keep from offending the hyper-sensitive people who use aliases!   :evil:  :lol:

Offline blue911

« Reply #9: September 05, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
Wilmington makes the weather map!

I've always thought you had a Cape Fear quality.

« Reply #10: September 05, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »
I've always thought you had a Cape Fear quality.

(Image removed from quote.)

We really do. We also have a thing about "Crows"...

...we damn the man, save the Empire...

...party like turtles...

...and perhaps what we are most known for is living Blue Velvet and Heineken. Heineken?! freak that crap! PABST BLUE RIBBON!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #11: September 05, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
What has the world come to when people can't even express their dislike of aliases without hyphenating to keep from offending the hyper-sensitive people who use aliases!   :evil:  :lol:

I think blue wins the award for in joke of the year

« Reply #12: September 05, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

:rofl: Actually, that is how the image came.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: September 05, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »
Lineups posted. Insulting, AAA line-up put together by Manny.  :|

Harris - LF
Guzman - SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Casto - 1B
Langerhans - RF
Bernadina - CF
Nieves - C
Bonifacio - 2B
Bergmann - P

Casto batting 4th, Langerhans batting 5th? What the freak?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #14: September 05, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
I don't have a problem with Dukes and Milledge having a day off. Of course it hurts to have Flores out plus we don't have a legit 1B.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #15: September 05, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
I don't have a problem with Dukes and Milledge having a day off. Of course it hurts to have Flores out plus we don't have a legit 1B.
Still doesn't make it acceptable for us to put out a Minor League line-up like that. The first 3 are ML hitters and the next 6 all spent significant time in AAA this season. We'll see how they do but I don't like their chances against Jurrjens.

Maybe Bowden told them they need to keep losing to get the #1 pick.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #16: September 05, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »
Who do you suggest they send out there? That's the kind of players we have to work with. Plus I thought some people loved minor leaguers.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #17: September 05, 2008, 06:38:40 PM »
Who do you suggest they send out there? That's the kind of players we have to work with. Plus I thought some people loved minor leaguers.  :?
Casto, Nieves, and Langerhans are solid bench players but you don't want them starting everyday. This sucks. I mean, do they really expect to score runs with this lineup? I can't stand another game like last night's. Plus with :bball: on the mound we'll need at least 6 or 7 runs.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #18: September 05, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
I guess it all depends on whether Eckstein or Harris is in charge of hitting instruction for tonight's game.  :lol:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #19: September 05, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »
:spaz: Langerhans might work his way to cleanup if Manny sticks with that lineup.  :doh:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #20: September 05, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »
Ill provide updates from the Potomac game in this thread as it progresses.  Detwiler is on the mound tonight for Potomac.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #21: September 05, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
Potomac-Wilmington (1st inning):  Michael Martinez starts it off for Potomac with a fly ball to centerfield.  Daniel Lyons, one of the Potomac heroes thus far, strikes out on a called third strike.  Andrew LeFave, batting third, also watches strike three, as he sits down for out #3.  The Wilmington pitcher, Edward Teaford, pitched 144.1 innings this season and struck out 116, while walking 46.  He has already struck out two Potomac batters.

Detwiler has faced Wilmington 5 times this season and has 2-0 record with a 1.38 ERA against them.  Randy Knorr, the P-Nats manager said that "tonight we will find out if Detwiler is a big game pitcher."  Wilmington is located in Delaware and should see some effects of the hurricane tomorrow.  Detwiler quickly puts away the first two Blue Rock batters, then walks the third batter.  After getting in a 2-2 count, Detwiler lets a chopper up to third.  The ball takes a nasty hop on Stephen King and the batter makes it to base, runners on 1st + 2nd.  Former second round pick, Jeff Bianchi, is walked by Detwiler to load the bases.  Detwiler is struggling in this inning and is getting behind in the count too much.  Kurt Mertins grounds to Michael Martinez for an easy out #3 and Detwiler manages to somehow escape unscathed.  Ozzie Rodriguez was warming up during that inning, presumably in case Detwiler really blew it.

Due up for the P-Nats:  Dee Brown-Mike Rogelstad-Stephen King

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #22: September 05, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »
looks like we are progressing towards the idea of first pick with the looks of this lineup.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #23: September 05, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »
Will it be Bergmann or :bball: tonight?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #24: September 05, 2008, 07:36:13 PM »
Potomac-Wilmington (1st inning):  Michael Martinez starts it off for Potomac with a fly ball to centerfield.  Daniel Lyons, one of the Potomac heroes thus far, strikes out on a called third strike.  Andrew LeFave, batting third, also watches strike three, as he sits down for out #3.  The Wilmington pitcher, Edward Teaford, pitched 144.1 innings this season and struck out 116, while walking 46.  He has already struck out two Potomac batters.

Detwiler has faced Wilmington 5 times this season and has 2-0 record with a 1.38 ERA against them.  Randy Knorr, the P-Nats manager said that "tonight we will find out if Detwiler is a big game pitcher."  Wilmington is located in Delaware and should see some effects of the hurricane tomorrow.  Detwiler quickly puts away the first two Blue Rock batters, then walks the third batter.  After getting in a 2-2 count, Detwiler lets a chopper up to third.  The ball takes a nasty hop on Stephen King and the batter makes it to base, runners on 1st + 2nd.  Former second round pick, Jeff Bianchi, is walked by Detwiler to load the bases.  Detwiler is struggling in this inning and is getting behind in the count too much.  Kurt Mertins grounds to Michael Martinez for an easy out #3 and Detwiler manages to somehow escape unscathed.  Ozzie Rodriguez was warming up during that inning, presumably in case Detwiler really blew it.

Due up for the P-Nats:  Dee Brown-Mike Rogelstad-Stephen King
I've noticed all year that Detwiler always struggles and gives up runs after getting 2 outs in an inning. Similar to Redding.