Author Topic: NEED INFO HELP  (Read 805 times)

nospinzone1

NEED INFO HELP
« Topic Start: June 09, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »
I GOT WINDOWS XP. CAN Anyone tell me how to compose letters , like where do I go to get the right place to do it and then print it. thanks

Offline kimnat

Re: NEED INFO HELP
« Reply #1: June 09, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »
You should have a program called MS Word or Works.  You double click on it and start typing and then click the printer icon on the top toolbar to print.  Does that sound right to the rest of you?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2: June 09, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
If you go start, all programs, microsoft office, microsoft word.  Type away.  You can either hit the printer picture or click on file at the top of the page and then move down to print.  Click OK.

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: June 09, 2007, 09:09:31 PM »
That sounds right, if there's a MS Word or Works icon on the desktop. Otherwise, I seem to recall that the Start Menu is a bit different in XP -- you might have to open the Programs file to find it. When I first bought Windows XP I set it up for the Classic mode so that it looked like the version of Windows that I was used to. Maybe Chief of one of the others could help with tips on the technical aspects of setting up Classic mode?

Actually, I just tried something. If you use the mouse to right click anywhere on the desktop and select Properties, then select Themes, you can select Windows Classic mode. That should make the screen look like older versions of Windows and make it easier to find Word and other programs (if that was the issue).

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: June 10, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
You should use Works, because you have to buy Microsoft Office to get Word.  If you decide to, I'd suggest getting the new 2007 version.  I got it, and it's got some great improvements.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #5: June 10, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
Or, you can go to OpenOffice.org and download an Office Suite that (1) is free, and (2) has a much better word processor that both heavy and casual users generally find to have much better (or better implemented) features and ease of use.

Also, if you want basic word processing, and have a Google account (free), the Google word processor work fine.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #6: June 10, 2007, 10:36:13 AM »
You should use Works, because you have to buy Microsoft Office to get Word.  If you decide to, I'd suggest getting the new 2007 version.  I got it, and it's got some great improvements.

boy do I know that one.  It's just a pain when someone sends you a doc that you need to open.  You have to save it first and then right click on it and say to open w/ MS Works.  And when I need to email a doc I created I have to save it first in works then save again as a word doc.  Pain in the butt!