Author Topic: You can just feel it. This is where.....  (Read 8182 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
It's not that I had greater expectations for this team. Its just the fact that this could be the period where we go into that log drought and that sucks no matter what, even if you knew it was coming. I mean it hasn't happened yet and there's still a chance we play like we have been (~.500 baseball) for a lot longer but with the injuries you mentioned makes that look dim. I we've actually had some games where we should be a lot better than our record claims but this offense can't get perform consistently.

I guess I don't understand why that depresses you so much. This team has limitations. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. They're not going to contend this year, and yeah, sure, losing sucks, but they're going to lose a lot of games this year. They just are, why get so bent out of shape?  

I think the pitching's been amazing. I love watching our bullpen, the offense sucks balls and Stairs needs to be released, but Zimmerman will be back in June and Strasburg will be back in September, I'm looking forward to that. And who knows, maybe we'll even get a Harper September call up. That would fun too.

I just decided before the season even started that since they're going to lose at least 80+ games, I'm just not going to get all verklempt over 1 loss here, 2 losses there, etc.,

Once this team is ready to contend, losses like today will be A LOT more irritating. But for today, I thought that they swung the bats really well and Jordan was awesome. Just unfortunate that they lost.