Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417150 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #475: May 04, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »
Hi! Newbie here...I've been lurking for a little while, so I thought I'd take the plunge and register. Nice place you've got here!

Welcome AnnieSavoy, I'm surprised that you lurked for a while and STILL decided to join in.   :lol:

Glad you did anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #476: May 04, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »
Welcome AnnieSavoy, I'm surprised that you lurked for a while and STILL decided to join in.   :lol:

Maybe that's what was so appealing :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #477: May 04, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
Maybe that's what was so appealing :lol:

She's probably the tip of the iceberg.  The other 90% get the hell out before being associated with us, so the remaining 10% must have issues to work out.   :stupid: Not that there's anything wrong with that.   :-[

Offline spidernat

« Reply #478: May 04, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
I didn't want to assume AnnieSavoy was a woman :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #479: May 04, 2008, 10:09:47 PM »
I didn't know we had a "reputation" here.

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #480: May 04, 2008, 10:46:24 PM »
Welcome, AnnieSavoy! I pretty much became a Nats fan the same way.

Awesome avatar!

Thanks for the welcome and the avatar comment. I wanted something a little different for my av, so I made that one.

:lol: Thanks!

She's probably the tip of the iceberg.  The other 90% get the hell out before being associated with us, so the remaining 10% must have issues to work out.   :stupid: Not that there's anything wrong with that.   :-[

Issues? Me? Nah. The voices in my head told me to join. ;)

If I was a male, I might have registered as Crash Davis instead of Annie Savoy. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #481: May 04, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »
Welcome Annie!

As you can see, I'm a Cal Ripken fan.  I also LOVE the film Bull Durham.  Its one of my favorites.

Just tell these guys to remember to breath thru the correct eyelid!  :lol:   :icon_mrgreen:

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #482: May 04, 2008, 11:12:52 PM »
Just tell these guys to remember to breath thru the correct eyelid!  :lol:   :icon_mrgreen:

Right. And the rose goes in the front! :icon_mrgreen:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #483: May 04, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
Right. And the rose goes in the front! :icon_mrgreen:

:rofl:

Good one!

By the way for anyone who went to HS in Montgomey County, I went to WJ.  Hmmm.  Some members of this board should know what WJ stands for!

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #484: May 05, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »
By the way for anyone who went to HS in Montgomey County, I went to WJ.  Hmmm.  Some members of this board should know what WJ stands for!

[attachment deleted by admin]

natsfan1a

« Reply #485: May 05, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
Welcome, Annie, from another female forum member (and Bull Durham fan).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #486: May 05, 2008, 09:07:59 AM »

CALSGR8 was widely believed to be male until she decided to "out" herself.  I tend to accept the profile information at face value unless other evidence emerges, though many posters have no profile information to go on.    There is no telling what other posters might be maintaining discretion, among that subset of posters nobody from WNFF has ever met.  (Dave B = Debbie?   ;))

I do know for sure of one prominent poster here whose gender is universally mistaken,   :rofl:  :clap:  and if there's one, they are likely more.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #487: May 05, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »
CALSGR8 was widely believed to be male until she decided to "out" herself. 

That's pretty funny, although I always thought it was obvious CALSGR8 was a woman. I did think she was older though. But there were a couple that threw me off and still do :?  (AZ being the most conspicuous  ;))

I do know for sure of one prominent poster here whose gender is universally mistaken,   :rofl:  :clap:  and if there's one, they are likely more.

I know who this is....

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #488: May 05, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »
I know who this is....

I would doubt you know the one I know, maybe you know a different one?  Maybe I drank too much and blabbed it?

Anyway, the one I know wishes to remain in the closet until the timing is right, so nothing from me.  If you want to PM me with a first initial I'd confirm or deny, however. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #489: May 05, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
Are you hinting that AZ is male?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #490: May 05, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »

:shock:  :rofl:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #491: May 05, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »

Damn, I didn't think anybody could figure that one out.

natsfan1a

« Reply #492: May 05, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
I also tend to accept profile information at face value and to assume the best. Thus, I assume that Annie is a woman and a new poster rather than somebody posing as a woman and/or as a new poster (because how over-the-top would that be? ;) ). Some women (or men, for that matter) might choose to maintain discretion online for security/privacy reasons.

I tend to accept the profile information at face value unless other evidence emerges, though many posters have no profile information to go on. There is no telling what other posters might be maintaining discretion, among that subset of posters nobody from WNFF has ever met.  (Dave B = Debbie?   ;))

The membership list and stats would seem to indicate that plenty of people are members but do not post often. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as you say. ;)

natsfan1a

« Reply #493: May 05, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
And they say that we women are gossips. Now I know not to tell Tom any secrets. ;) As Jean de la Fontaine said: "Nothing is more dangerous than a friend without discretion; even a prudent enemy is preferable."

Anyway, the one I know wishes to remain in the closet until the timing is right, so nothing from me.  If you want to PM me with a first initial I'd confirm or deny, however. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #494: May 05, 2008, 12:33:01 PM »
I would doubt you know the one I know, maybe you know a different one?  Maybe I drank too much and blabbed it?

I'm pretty certain I know this one.  I'd even be willing to bet that I have met this poster face to face.  I will say that I was completely SHOCKED - never would've guessed it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #495: May 05, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »
I'm pretty certain I know this one.  I'd even be willing to bet that I have met this poster face to face.  I will say that I was completely SHOCKED - never would've guessed it.

;)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #497: May 05, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
I didn't out myself.  Someone else did.  No Outing, unless we meet at a tailgate or something!

And yes Annie, you're right about WJ!  How cool to be a baseball fan and going there!   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #498: May 06, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
I never said whether I was a male or female. 

It doesn't really matter, since "Life finds a way",
as Doctor Ian Malcolm runs away like a little girl...
(SCHMUCK!)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #499: May 06, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
I never said whether I was a male or female. 

It doesn't really matter, since "Life finds a way",
as Doctor Ian Malcolm runs away like a little girl...
(SCHMUCK!)

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl:

Your avatar seems every bit the smart alecky, mischievous boy, but tomboys abound.

That picture, that's got to be Jurassic Park.  I've never seen the movie  :-[  not particularly being a fan of the scary movie genre, but that was one superb book.