Author Topic: Not venting: just grief  (Read 2182 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Not venting: just grief
« Reply #25: October 14, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »
I do understand the grief.

Fortunately, it's one season's death. A fresh new starts to ramp up in about in 120 days or so. Are you thinking about a Spring Training trip? I am. Even if I don't get to go (two kids in college), I'm planning it.

It's gonna be a great year next year. I can feel it. I  can feel the first time I get a sunburn in the hot May sun sitting on the first base side. I can feel that moment after the third for fourth game down there when I realize the Park really isn't that big. The first beer in the Loft is gonna taste great. A half smoke up there at those picnic tables you like to sit at will still be sloppy and hard to eat.  The crowds will be a little bigger, the Metro track work will mostly be done, and there will be more places outside the Park for visitors. More 20-somethings will gather up at that big outdoor bar and root like hell next year.

Winter will suck because Winter always sucks(okay, no Caps maybe, so it'll suck even more). But it'll be Spring again. New green grass and more things you've never seen before.

How freaking lucky are we?

Same here.  Although I did check scores of the ALCS.  I hate rhe Yankees!

You guys understand it not "just a game" as my Mom used to say.  It's a feeling of true grief and almost like a death in the family.  You go through the same process.  After the game it was shock and anger.  I yelled at a group of Cards fans yelping and screaming F-YOU!  THANKS FOR PAYING OFF THE UMPIRE!  I was extremely angry.  Nowjust stunned sadness!  I dread going to work.  Everyone knows Im a Crazy Nats fan!