Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15026 times)

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Young team, growing pains, but they need a coach, no getting around it. Excited for the game tonight.

Offline HalfSmokes

They need to suck to get another young star(gotta love the nba) so no big deal on the loss

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
They need to suck to get another young star(gotta love the nba) so no big deal on the loss

Only problem is that its a lottery.

I could see this team using Wall, Crawford, Booker, Singleton, and McGee for the future. I haven't seen Vesley play yet and I'd love to see Nick Young around but I'm not sure how the FO feels about him. Booker and McGee are pretty aggressive down low. Singleton seems to have a good range of attributes. We just need a good PF. If we had a Amari Stoudemire type player, I could see us being pretty good.

Offline HalfSmokes

Only problem is that its a lottery.

I could see this team using Wall, Crawford, Booker, Singleton, and McGee for the future. I haven't seen Vesley play yet and I'd love to see Nick Young around but I'm not sure how the FO feels about him. Booker and McGee are pretty aggressive down low. Singleton seems to have a good range of attributes. We just need a good PF. If we had a Amari Stoudemire type player, I could see us being pretty good.

more balls in the hopper (hopefully we get the frozen one ;)) I don't see this core seriously contending without another star- We're certainly not beating Miami or NY anytime soon

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
more balls in the hopper (hopefully we get the frozen one ;)) I don't see this core seriously contending without another star- We're certainly not beating Miami or NY anytime soon

Definitely not. They seriously need a star SF/PF with a good C. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of what Memphis has. Imagine if John Wall had a Rudy Gay (who can play SG/SF) and a Marc Gasol at C. That'd be damn good with Nick Young/Crawford playing the SG and Booker/Singleton at PF. Although, Memphis does have Zach Randolph too.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
I hope Blatche and Flip take a private plane home and that SOB crashes.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Okay they suck. We have some decent players and then we have a bunch of uhhhhhh players. No connections on any plays. So many turnovers and so many crappy shot attempts. Blatche should've been gone years ago. We need more ball movement like that one play with Turiaf, Young, and Singleton. It was perfect.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Andray Blatche is awful.  Fat and lazy.

Offline ronnynat

Roger Mason wasn't listed on the active roster, so we got a technical foul and he had to leave. :?

Offline PC

This team could be historically bad.

Offline PatsNats28

betting against the wizards... always a good decision

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Roger Mason wasn't listed on the active roster, so we got a technical foul and he had to leave. :?

Might as well try their hand at slapstick.  They definitely don't play basketball very well.  I'm not sure what that was that I just watched.

Offline PC

This is the precisely the reason why I didn't want the lockout to end.  Didn't want the NFL lockout to end either, speaking as a Redskins fan.  :roll:

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
At least the Redskins showed signs of progression this season, the Wizards just....blah. Then again, what do you expect when you don't have a coach and young kids?

Offline HalfSmokes

At least the Redskins showed signs of progression this season, the Wizards just....blah. Then again, what do you expect when you don't have a coach and young kids?

well, other first overall picks have propelled their teams to the playoffs

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Jared Sullinger 21012-2013

John Wall
Nick Young/Jo Crawford
Jan Vesely
Jared Sullinger
McGee

Offline PatsNats28

Prefacing this with the fact that I never watch the zards, that doesn't seem like a very sensible lineup. Vesely is a very 7 seconds or less type player, but Sullinger doesn't really fit that offense.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored

well, other first overall picks have propelled their teams to the playoffs

That's because they've given them a half-decent lineup. Look who Wall has with him. McGee, Blatche, etc. The only two people on this team that are nice are Wall, Young and Crawford, you could make some cases for maybe Singleton, but that's about it. Won't speak on Vesely considering we haven't seen much of him.

He (Wall) needs a better surrounding cast and til he gets it, don't see much, but I also blame a lot of it with coaching, Flip just pisses me off, I look at him and I'm ready to throw things. Timeout, acting like he's coaching, he's probably as reliable as Boudreau, goes in a timeout and drops F bombs cause he's not sure what to do.

Offline HalfSmokes

That's because they've given them a half-decent lineup. Look who Wall has with him. McGee, Blatche, etc. The only two people on this team that are nice are Wall, Young and Crawford, you could make some cases for maybe Singleton, but that's about it. Won't speak on Vesely considering we haven't seen much of him.

He (Wall) needs a better surrounding cast and til he gets it, don't see much, but I also blame a lot of it with coaching, Flip just pisses me off, I look at him and I'm ready to throw things. Timeout, acting like he's coaching, he's probably as reliable as Boudreau, goes in a timeout and drops F bombs cause he's not sure what to do.

first overalls are supposed to be transformative (Griffen, Rose, Howard, James)- those guys are good enough to propel questionable teams. wall seems more like he falls into the best of a weak draft class group; he's good, but not set up a franchise for years good like some number 1s are

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Let's get us Sullinger after this year and another basket scorer and we could be at least an offensive threat. I hope Vesely is good. Is he projected to play or just be a sixth man?

How many points are they going to lose by tonight?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Tonight was better.  Demarcus Cousins supposedly demanded a trade out of Sacramento.  He and Wall area supposedly really good friends from their days at Kentucky....

Offline ronnynat

Tonight was better.  Demarcus Cousins supposedly demanded a trade out of Sacramento.  He and Wall area supposedly really good friends from their days at Kentucky....

What I like about Cousins is that he is a true post player and a good rebounder. What I don't like about him is his terrible FG% and his attitude (he takes a lot of plays off). I'd trade Blatche for him, but that's about it.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
What I like about Cousins is that he is a true post player and a good rebounder. What I don't like about him is his terrible FG% and his attitude (he takes a lot of plays off). I'd trade Blatche for him, but that's about it.

Yeah. I agree with everything you said. I thin he'd be a better player than Blatche.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I expected this year to be down but its still annoying to watch this team flounder. If there was some way we could get a quality big man and a quality shooter to go finish off Wall's assists, we could have something.

Offline HalfSmokes

Bad year for the number 1 overall