Author Topic: Non-sequitur  (Read 1373 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Non-sequitur
« Topic Start: April 08, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »
This explains why my nephew tried to sign up a couple of months ago and never got in.

If he signed up, he would have been subject to numerous brutal, personal attacks and humiliated repeatedly until he quit.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Non-sequitur
« Reply #1: April 08, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »
If he signed up, he would have been subject to numerous brutal, personal attacks and humiliated repeatedly until he quit.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's messed up. bbq is just a kid. When said he played in majors he meant he was somewhere between 15-17 years old and had reached the highest level of little league baseball.

Online sportsfan882

Non-sequitur
« Reply #2: April 08, 2008, 12:11:56 AM »
That's messed up. bbq is just a kid. When said he played in majors he meant he was somewhere between 15-17 years old and had reached the highest level of little league baseball.
He was an idiot and deserved most of the ridicule thrown at him.  The guy acted like he was an expert or something but he really had no idea what he was talking about.  Oh yeah, his embarrassing grammar and spelling made Metssuck look like an English Professor.  Prior to deleting his account he posted a new thread in the Gameday Forum: "**** you to all that criticize me". What a tool.

Offline houston-nat

Non-sequitur
« Reply #3: April 08, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »

Offline spidernat

Non-sequitur
« Reply #4: April 08, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
He was an idiot and deserved most of the ridicule thrown at him.  The guy acted like he was an expert or something but he really had no idea what he was talking about.  Oh yeah, his embarrassing grammar and spelling made Metssuck look like an English Professor.  Prior to deleting his account he posted a new thread in the Gameday Forum: "**** you to all that criticize me". What a tool.

Like I said, he was about 15 and thought he knew a lot (and for a regular kid his age he knew a little bit) but he could've learned. He seemed excited about being here to talk Nats baseball. On the other hand I didn't know about the trolling he wound up engaging in. I wasn't around at that time but he definitely should not have done it. Maybe he will learn from it and be a little more under control at the next board he joins :lol:

natsfan1a

Non-sequitur
« Reply #5: April 08, 2008, 07:07:51 AM »
I haven't been following GD and some of the other threads so perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. I hope so because it would be a shame for the group to be running off posters no matter what their ages or grammatical skills, IMO, but particularly not kids.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Non-sequitur
« Reply #6: April 08, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »

There is no shame in my house... Dust, yes, but no shame...

Non-sequitur
« Reply #7: April 09, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

I am all but positive the new Natsman is the bbq kid. He thinks he is being crafty. :lol:

MrMadison

Non-sequitur
« Reply #8: April 09, 2008, 12:06:38 PM »
  Prior to deleting his account he posted a new thread in the Gameday Forum: "**** you to all that criticize me". What a tool.

that sounds very familiar and I am sure I've seen this multiple times on this forum somewhere posted by several regular posters.  not necessarily word for word, but the basic gist of the message was very clear.

but I suppose it is different when it is coming from such all-knowing baseball men such as the regulars on this forum.  then it is "i have a right to my opinion screw you if you don't like it."  when it comes from a newbie kid who's upset about being attacked relentlessly just because he isn't as baseball-savvy as the Baseball Gods on this forum(rather than simply being educated and shown why he's wrong about things), then it becomes "what a tool".

we ran a kid off the forum for really no reason other than because he wasn't as baseball-smart as the rest of us claim to be.  and in my opinion, that is wrong.  and even though he likely came back with a new name, his first impression of this board was not positive in the least. 

Offline ronnynat

Non-sequitur
« Reply #9: April 09, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »
that sounds very familiar and I am sure I've seen this multiple times on this forum somewhere posted by several regular posters.  not necessarily word for word, but the basic gist of the message was very clear.

but I suppose it is different when it is coming from such all-knowing baseball men such as the regulars on this forum.  then it is "i have a right to my opinion screw you if you don't like it."  when it comes from a newbie kid who's upset about being attacked relentlessly just because he isn't as baseball-savvy as the Baseball Gods on this forum(rather than simply being educated and shown why he's wrong about things), then it becomes "what a tool".

we ran a kid off the forum for really no reason other than because he wasn't as baseball-smart as the rest of us claim to be.  and in my opinion, that is wrong.

Agreed. It really was really ridiculous. Especially because most of the bashing came from the some of the LEAST "baseball-savvy" members that we have here.

Online sportsfan882

Non-sequitur
« Reply #10: April 09, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
Instead of trying to fit in the dude makes 100 new threads in one day with every thought that came to his mind.  His grammar and spelling was beyond pathetic (Much worse than other posters here). If you want to type like that then expect to be treated appropriately.  He acted like he was a genius when in fact he was a Grade-A moron.  Take that incoherent, erroneous BS else where. 

MrMadison

Non-sequitur
« Reply #11: April 09, 2008, 12:38:36 PM »
Instead of trying to fit in the dude makes 100 new threads in one day with every thought that came to his mind.  His grammar and spelling was beyond pathetic (Much worse than other posters here). If you want to type like that then expect to be treated appropriately.  He acted like he was a genius when in fact he was a Grade-A moron.  Take that incoherent, erroneous BS else where. 

did he strike you as a troll, or  some sort of troublemaker?

or as just a kid who didn't know as much as he thought he did?

if it was the former, then fine.

if the latter, then I think that the way the majority of this forum went about treating him was wrong.  instead of simply pointing out where he was wrong, and schooling him on how baseball works and on forum etiquette, we just jumped on him, called him names, and told him to get the hell out because he was a worthless idiot who would never amount to anything.

that's one hell of a way to greet new posters.

Online sportsfan882

Non-sequitur
« Reply #12: April 09, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
I don't remember myself calling him names or anything until after he went on a rampage spamming the board. You must be referring to someone else.  Anyways, the guy seemed to be a troll to me.

Offline spidernat

Non-sequitur
« Reply #13: April 09, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »

I believe the kid was just excited about the new avenue he found to talk baseball, especially Nats baseball. I guess it's all water under the bridge now.

Offline NatsAddict

Non-sequitur
« Reply #14: April 09, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »

we ran a kid off the forum for really no reason other than because he wasn't as baseball-smart as the rest of us claim to be.  and in my opinion, that is wrong.  and even though he likely came back with a new name, his first impression of this board was not positive in the least. 

:clap:

Excellent job, Mr. Madison.

My first year on a baseball board was 2003.  It was the Marlins MLB board, which was small until the bandwagoners came along.  Until about September, there were only 8 or 10 of us that were regulars.  They were great helping out the with the understanding of things I hadn't grasped.  Those members as much as the team itself, where what by April of that year had moved the Marlins up from my #2 team to #1, replacing the Yankees (who have now fallen to a very distant 3rd, if there even is a 3rd, thanks to the Nats).

There are some really great people here, too, that make it extraordinarily tough to root for the Marlins when they play the Nats.  Hopefully, BBQ comes back and has a better inter-action with the membership.

Non-sequitur
« Reply #15: April 09, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »
Ah, JMad, carrying the Torch of Self-Righteousness and WNFF Morals once again. I assign you to babysit the new kid and teach him the ways of being a message board man. All his posts and opinions must be sent through you so that he might become the pinnacle of moral wholesomeness and advanced baseball knowledge.

You can do it JMad, you can purify him.

EDIT: Just don't hurt your back like Dmitri Young.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Non-sequitur
« Reply #16: April 09, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
did he strike you as a troll, or  some sort of troublemaker?

if it was the former, then fine.

if the latter, then I think that the way the majority of this forum went about treating him was wrong.  instead of simply pointing out where he was wrong, and schooling him on how baseball works and on forum etiquette, we just jumped on him, called him names, and told him to get the hell out because he was a worthless idiot who would never amount to anything.

that's one hell of a way to greet new posters.

I thought he got a raw deal, because from his team knowledge and statements he was definitely a real Nats fan. Some of his threads were annoying, but like you said, he is a kid. Sad he felt like we ran him off the board.

MrMadison

Non-sequitur
« Reply #17: April 09, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
carrying the Torch of Self-Righteousness and WNFF Morals

Non-sequitur
« Reply #18: April 09, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »

That's laughable. Considering I've been one of the ones accused of "insulting the fragile newbie" and chasing him off the boards.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Non-sequitur
« Reply #19: April 09, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »
Ah, nothing that can't be resolved with two pistols and thirty paces  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #20: April 09, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
Or two pistols and a 30-pack.   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #21: April 09, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »
I've now been credited with creating a thread that I didn't create.  The mods should help bbq more, instead of pruning and replanting threads.  Hondo is going to be pissed, especially when this thread gets moved to another section...