Poll

What will the Nationals' record be on their last ever homestand at RFK?

10-0
1 (7.7%)
9-1
0 (0%)
8-2
0 (0%)
7-3
1 (7.7%)
6-4
1 (7.7%)
5-5
2 (15.4%)
4-6
5 (38.5%)
3-7
2 (15.4%)
2-8
1 (7.7%)
1-9
0 (0%)
0-10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: How many games will WSH win on their last homestand at RFK?L-W-L-W-W-L-L-L-L-W  (Read 2225 times)

Offline sportsfan882

@
3 Games at RFK Stadium (Friday, September 14 - Sunday, September 16)
Game 1 (September 14): Matt Chico (5-8, 4.61 ERA) VS Chuck James (10-10, 4.21 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Loss 8-5
Game 2 (September 15 ): Jason Bergmann (4-5, 4.31 ERA) VS Lance Cormier (2-5, 6.60 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Win 7-4
Game 3 (September 16):  Shawn Hill (4-3, 2.87 ERA) VS Tim Hudson (15-8, 3.48 ERA) 1:35 PM EST Loss 3-0

@
3 Games at RFK Stadium (Monday, September 17 - Wednesday, September 19)
Game 4 (September 17): Brian Lawrence (1-2, 6.31 ERA) VS Tim Redding (3-5, 3.42 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Win 12-4
Game 5 (September 18):  John Maine (14-9, 3.72) VS Joel Hanrahan (4-3, 5.83 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Win 9-8
Game 6 (September 19):  Mike Pelfrey (13-6, 3.95 ERA) VS Matt Chico (2-7, 5.23 ERA)  7:05 PM EST Loss 8-4

@
4 Games at RFK Stadium (Thursday, September 20 - Sunday, September 23)
Game 7 (September 20): Kyle Lohse (8-12, 4.49 ERA) VS Jason Bergmann (5-5, 4.38 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Loss 7-6
Game 8 (September 21):  Adam Eaton (9-9, 6.36 ERA) VS Shawn Hill (4-4, 3.01 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Loss 6-3
Game 9 (September 22):  Kyle Kendrick (9-4, 4.05 ERA) VS Tim Redding (3-5, 3.73 ERA) 7:05 PM EST Loss 4-1
Game 10 (September 23): Cole Hamels (14-5, 3.59 ERA) VS Joel Hanrahan (4-3, 6.45 ERA)  12:05 PM EST *LAST GAME AT RFK* Win 5-3

The matchups look very tough in the first two series.  5 of the 6 pitchers we face have typically owned us in the past.

C.James VS WSH in '07: 22.2 IP 31 H 8 R 8 ER 8 BB 17 SO  (2-1, 3.18 ERA)
T.Hudson VS WSH in '07: 21 IP 13 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 20 SO (3-0, 1.29 ERA)
O.Hernandez VS WSH in '07: 19 IP 14 H 9 R 9 ER 9 BB 16 SO (2-1, 4.26 ERA)
J.Maine VS WSH in '07: 12 IP 4 H 0 R 0 ER 3 BB 13 SO (2-0, 0.00 ERA)
T.Glavine VS WSH in '07: 13 IP 11 H 2 R 2 ER 2 BB 8 SO (1-0, 1.38 ERA)
Overall: 85.2 IP 73 H 22 R 22 ER 24 BB 74 SO (10-2, 2.31 ERA)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Since I'm always wrong I was going to low ball them to see if it would help the outcome of the homestand but I couldn't go through with it. I went with 4-6 :? :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
i say we run the table and obliterate last years' record ;-)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
The matchups look very tough in the first two series.  5 of the 6 pitchers we face have typically owned us in the past.

C.James VS WSH in '07: 22.2 IP 31 H 14 R 14 ER 8 BB 17 SO  (2-1, 5.56 ERA)
T.Hudson VS WSH in '07: 21 IP 13 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 20 SO (3-0, 1.29 ERA)
O.Hernandez VS WSH in '07: 19 IP 14 H 9 R 9 ER 9 BB 16 SO (2-1, 4.26 ERA)
J.Maine VS WSH in '07: 12 IP 4 H 0 R 0 ER 3 BB 13 SO (2-0, 0.00 ERA)
T.Glavine VS WSH in '07: 13 IP 11 H 2 R 2 ER 2 BB 8 SO (1-0, 1.38 ERA)
Overall: 85.2 IP 73 H 28 R 28 ER 24 BB 74 SO (10-2, 2.94 ERA)
You're right.  It really looks like Chuck James has "owned" us. :roll:

Offline saltydad

Since I'm always wrong I was going to low ball them to see if it would help the outcome of the homestand but I couldn't go through with it. I went with 4-6 :? :lol:

Unfortunately I agree with your choice. :(

COWARDS!  No faith in the home team!  I say we pull even and go 5-5.

Offline sportsfan882

You're right.  It really looks like Chuck James has "owned" us. :roll:
Oops, thanks for pointing that out.  I screwed up.  I edited it to reflect his actual numbers against us this year.  I think I put in one of his other starts by mistake.

6 IP 0 ER
5 IP 3 ER
5.1 IP 3 ER
6.1 IP 2 ER
overall: 22.2 IP 8 ER = 3.18 ERA

oakviewnatfan

I'm going to probably six of the games so I hope they win all of those and go at least 6-4.  More importantly I would like to see them play well especially playing defense and running the bases.  It might be too much to ask that they show some patience at the plate but that would be nice also.  I would love to see Church and Kearns get to 15 HR's and 70 RBI's, Zimmerman get to 25 HR's and 100 RBI's and Dimitri get hot and win the Batting Crown.  I hope Church and Maxwell get to play CF the rest of the year.  Logan is not the answer in CF.  I would hope Guzman could play some SS but I believe Manny is totally against it.  Something has to be done with Lopez.  Either sit him for a series or let him know the last 16 games he is on notice to either play with some passion or find another team.

Offline ronnynat

I'm going to probably six of the games so I hope they win all of those and go at least 6-4.  More importantly I would like to see them play well especially playing defense and running the bases.  It might be too much to ask that they show some patience at the plate but that would be nice also.  I would love to see Church and Kearns get to 15 HR's and 70 RBI's, Zimmerman get to 25 HR's and 100 RBI's and Dimitri get hot and win the Batting Crown.  I hope Church and Maxwell get to play CF the rest of the year.  Logan is not the answer in CF.  I would hope Guzman could play some SS but I believe Manny is totally against it.  Something has to be done with Lopez.  Either sit him for a series or let him know the last 16 games he is on notice to either play with some passion or find another team.

I think we should let Church get used to coming off the bench and give Logan (or Maxwell) a shot at leading off the rest of the season. We really are lacking a leadoff man. I feel bad for Lopez for having to do that all season, where he made it totally clear he wasn't comfortable. Tell you the truth, Lopez was asked to do a lot of things this season that weren't to his preference.

oakviewnatfan

I agree on the Lopez handling.  I blame Bowden for not bringing in a shortstop.  If in fact you are building for the future letting Lopez play second was important this year to see if he is your long term solution.  If so you sign him to 4 years etc...  By forcing him back to SS you learn nothing.  Frankly I would put him there for the last 16 games bat him 7th and see what happens.  Let Belliard and Jimenez play SS or bring up someone or see if Guzman can play.

Offline ronnynat

I agree on the Lopez handling.  I blame Bowden for not bringing in a shortstop.  If in fact you are building for the future letting Lopez play second was important this year to see if he is your long term solution.  If so you sign him to 4 years etc...  By forcing him back to SS you learn nothing.  Frankly I would put him there for the last 16 games bat him 7th and see what happens.  Let Belliard and Jimenez play SS or bring up someone or see if Guzman can play.

Agreed. Too bad all of our middle infielders worth looking at on the farm are in/just out of their teens right now.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I think we'll sweep both, and the Phils will still miss the playoffs.  How's that for schadenfreude? 

Offline saltydad

I think we'll sweep both, and the Phils will still miss the playoffs.  How's that for schadenfreude? 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

Offline NatsAddict

The Braves are out of gas, 2-1 series win

I'll never admit to believing in the Mets capability to winning even a single game, so 3-0 in that one.  I'm pretty sure they are 0-145, and there is just a mis-print in the standings.

The Phillies, though running out of steam, get excited at leading the division when our sweep of the Mets coincides with Mitchell report revealing that everyone in baseball is on hallucinagenics, and the Mets have indeed lost every game they ever played.  Highly inspired, the Phillies win the first two games before realizing they are still the Phillies, and the Nats win the last two games in RFK - with Zimmerman hitting  a walkoff HR the final game.

Offline saltydad

I'll never admit to believing in the Mets capability to winning even a single game, so 3-0 in that one.  I'm pretty sure they are 0-145, and there is just a mis-print in the standings.

The Phillies, though running out of steam, get excited at leading the division when our sweep of the Mets coincides with Mitchell report revealing that everyone in baseball is on hallucinagenics, and the Mets have indeed lost every game they ever played.  Highly inspired, the Phillies win the first two games before realizing they are still the Phillies, and the Nats win the last two games in RFK - with Zimmerman hitting  a walkoff HR the final game.

Love it!! :funny:

(Ronnynat- This should be included in the nominations for funniest thread!)

natsfan1a

I loved this post, too. Or maybe I'm just trippin'?? ;)

Offline sportsfan882

I went with 3-7, one game in each series. 

Offline sportsfan882

1-2 after the Braves' series. Ex-National Brian Lawrence faces the Nationals on Monday against Redding.

Offline sportsfan882

3-2 half-way through the homestand!  Chico VS Pelfrey tomorrow night.  Before the series I would have said this is the most winnable game of the series.  As long as Chico gives us a badly needed quality start I think we can put up some runs on Pelfrey and win the game. 

Offline ronnynat

2 straight wins where the non-believers gave up on the Nats WAY too early. I don't know what it is, but that's extra satisfying :).

arkymark

One reason baseball is good for me is that it reminds me I don't have any idea what is going on.  I thought we'd sweep the lowly Marlins but have trouble getting to 71 wins because of who we were facing the rest of the season.  So there.

Man, the Mets are just falling apart.

I'm still on track.

Two more wins between now and the last game of the season and I will be justified in what I have been saying since the offseason: this team will win at least 70 games.

Offline sportsfan882

We have outscored our opponents 43-42 during the first 7 games yet we are 3-4.  That can be blamed on the pitching staff for giving up 6.0 runs per game which is woeful.  The offense is averaging 6.14 runs/game but it is all going to waste because of bad pitching.  Tomorrow will be our last chance to avoid a sweep in this final series at RFK because of the grossly one-sided matchups on Saturday and Sunday.

Offline sportsfan882

4-6 in our final homestand at RFK.  5 people predicted it correctly!